Fwd: Health & Wellness Coordinator

1 view

SCH shared email

Jan 3, 2018, 12:09:24 PM1/3/18
to stu-PHEUnde...@pdx.edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Employment at Outside In <ap...@outsidein.org>
Date: Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 5:09 PM
Subject: Health & Wellness Coordinator

The Health and Wellness Coordinator works to integrate the school-based health center (SBHC) staff and objectives into Rex Putnam and Milwaukie High School communities through the coordination of population health outreach and education activities. This position ensures effective communication between health center staff, school personnel and students, working with providers to develop program materials and maintain bulletin boards and electronic communications. This position works as a team member in support of scheduling student appointments, collecting and inputting intake paperwork and insurance, and ensures that health center services are an integral part of program activities. This position is partially funded by a two year (2017-2019) grant focused on recruiting and facilitating the Youth Advisory Council (YAC) and implementing a Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR) project. This position will ensure that grant deliverables are met and that funding reports are completed timely. Continuation of this position may be dependent on continued funding.

This position is 40 hours a week with full medical and dental benefits and 27 paid days off in the first year. Pay is $16/hr. This position will be open until filled.

Responsibilities

·         Facilitate student development of peer wellness education activities to support the annual plan.

·         Ensure that staff are informed of school activities and initiatives involving the health and well-being of students.

·         Communicate and coordinate classroom, assembly, and other school-based presentations to support the annual health promotion plan.

·         Support design and implementation of health promotion activities to support the annual plan.

·         Ensure tracking and reporting of activities and outcomes for each focus area of the grant.  Work with staff to develop baseline assessment and ongoing measurement.

·         Establish and document systems to evaluate program effectiveness and to sustain the project.

·         Identify school-wide initiatives which overlap with school based health center goals and objectives.

·         Attend school functions. May require evening or weekend hours.

Qualifications

·         Bachelor’s degree in community health education, health promotion, physical education or related field.

·         Experience working with adolescents and underserved populations or communities.

·         Capable of implementing theory and data based services and programs.

·         Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.

·         Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Experience with other data and reporting systems valued.

·         Experience in the creation and dissemination of educational and health promotion materials.

·         Experience delivering presentations and facilitating group discussions.

·         Proficiency in language other than English highly valued.

At Outside In, we’re guided by a belief in each individual’s potential for change and growth. Since 1968, we have been successfully empowering homeless youth and other marginalized communities to become healthy and self-sufficient. With a stable leadership team and a collaborative approach to community partnerships, we value hope, integrity and compassion. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we value their competence. Oregon Business Magazine ranked us as “One of the 100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon” seven times. At Outside In, your time and talent truly make a difference.

We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. Multicultural and intersecting diversities are highly valued.

Please apply online here: http://www.outsidein.org/index.php/employment/