Fwd: For distribution! Summer Job Opportunity w/ Portland Parks' Nature Day Camp program!

SCH shared email

Feb 22, 2018, 12:58:40 PM2/22/18
to stu-PHEUnde...@pdx.edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Larson, Chrissy <Chrissy...@portlandoregon.gov>
Date: Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 6:50 PM
Subject: For distribution! Summer Job Opportunity w/ Portland Parks' Nature Day Camp program!

Portland Parks Environmental Education is hiring naturalists for our Summer Nature Day Camp program!
Portland Parks Environmental Education is looking for environmental educators with various levels of experience to teach our summer camp program. Campers can be very young to almost teens, and they require a staff of young adults who will get them curious about nature, teach them ecology in creative ways, and will help build a healthy community each day of camp. Our team is comprised of people rich in culture, language, background, and skills. From June - August, we will offer nine weeks of outdoor summer camps at four locations (Mt Tabor Park, Hoyt Arboretum, Sellwood Park, and Whitaker Ponds Natural Area - location varies each week.) Campers ages 3½-12 divide into small traveling groups, (about 10-12 children with two paid staff and a teen volunteer), and spend the day hiking, playing, exploring, and learning ecology through games and activities. Our paid summer staff also act as mentors to our teen volunteers and work closely with parents to make camp a safe, fun, educational, and silly place!
We offer paid summer work for people 16 yrs and older and volunteer positions for teens 13-17!
  • Beginning Naturalist Position: Naturalist-In-Training (16-18 yrs, no experience necessary, but you SHOULD really like science, nature, and children!)
  • Naturalist Positions: Naturalist I (at least 17 yrs and 400 hrs experience) and Naturalist II (at least 19 yrs and 1200 hrs experience)
  • Support Positions: Site Coordinator and Mentoring Coach/After Care positions (at least 21 yrs and 1600 hrs experience)
  • Volunteer positions with youth camps or preschool camps: (13-17 yrs, no experience necessary but you should like science, nature, and children!) Full details found at https://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/article/664360

For position descriptions, information, and the application, go to https://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/article/480685.
Inquiries and questions about the positions can be directed to Chrissy.Larson@portlandoregon.gov

Chrissy Larson
(She/Her/Hers)
Coordinator | Environmental Education
Portland Parks & Recreation
2909 SW 2nd Ave
Portland, Oregon 97201
503-823-3601 (office)
503-823-1149 (mobile)
503-865-3251 (fax)
Chrissy.Larson@portlandoregon.gov
portlandparks.org

The City of Portland complies with all nondiscrimination Civil Rights laws including Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II. To help ensure equal access to City programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will reasonably modify policies/procedures and provide auxiliary aids/services to persons with disabilities. Call 503-858-9744, TTY 503-823-6868 or Oregon Relay Service 711 with requests, or visit http://bit.ly/13EWaCg