Three student board of trustee volunteer roles available

Margie Port-Hansen

Nov 30, 2023, 2:35:22 PM11/30/23
to ECON-stud...@pdx.edu
Good morning, everyone;

This email was forwarded to the department. Please see the information below about becoming a student representative on PSU's Board of Trustees.

Portland State University is governed by a 15 member volunteer Board of Trustees. The Board must include one graduate student trustee and two undergraduate student trustees. Student members are appointed for a two-year term and all trustees are limited to two full consecutive terms.

All trustees, except for the President, are appointed by the Governor of Oregon, subject to confirmation by the Oregon Senate. ASPSU is charged with providing recommendations to the governor. Through this application form ASPSU leadership hopes to collect information about potential applicants and then review them for consideration. We will then recommend up to 3 applicants for each available role to the Governor of Oregon for further consideration and review.

You are eligible to apply if you are a current PSU student and upon starting the position within winter term 2024 could complete a 2-year term within the role. You must be a PSU student during this full period of time.

Our current student Board of Trustees member term ends this June so we are seeking new students to take on the following positions:

2 undergraduate student board of trustees members
1 graduate student board of trustees member

For information about the role itself please consult the Board of Trustees Bylaws available here for detailed information and specifically Article IV which covers responsibilities of the board.

This role has a great impact in terms of shared governance and decision making at PSU and we encourage students to elevate their impact by considering taking on this volunteer role.

To learn more and apply, check out our connect news post here

For more information students can email Madeline Frisk, SALP ASPSU & Greek Life Advisor at mfr...@pdx.edu or Caitlyn Phipps, PSU Board of Trustees Secretary at cph...@pdx.edu. The application deadline is January 8th by 12 pm.

Stay well,
Margie

Margie Port-Hansen
(Pronouns: she/her/hers)