FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: SolarPunk Future Festival: Building a Sustainable Future with involveMINT

Daniel Little

Jun 20, 2024, 8:00:37 AMJun 20
Pittsburgh, PA – [Date] – We are excited to announce involveMINT’s participation in the SolarPunk Future Festival, a groundbreaking event that blends art, jobs, and sustainability to envision a brighter future. Join us on Saturday, June 29th, from 1-5pm at Velum Fermentation (2120 Jane St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203) in the South Side. This unique festival will bring together over 700 eco-minded participants to celebrate and promote sustainable practices.

Event Highlights: For a sustainable and equitable future, attendees will experience a vibrant mix of activities, including volunteer opportunities, vendor stalls, and the Solar Punk Pledge.

The Green Visioneers Art Show by BOOM Concepts will feature diverse and talented artists such as Maggie Negrete, a storyteller and illustrator focusing on zinemaking and botanical designs; Sara Tang, who explores chronic illness and ecopsychology; Ivory Eddins, a local artist inspired by nature and spirituality; and Jules Mallis, an intermedia artist creating enriching experiences through various media.

The festival kicks off at 1 PM with performances by Timbeleza, an energetic Brazilian-style percussion band, and Krunk Movement, a youth-focused production company blending hip-hop, art, and technology. The SolarPunk Speaker's Forum from 3 PM to 4 PM features eco-experts discussing sustainable practices, including special guest and panel moderator Roh Bloom Wang, Youth Poet Laureate for Allegheny County, and Mike Gable, Executive Director of Construction Junction. Hands-on activities for all ages are provided by Assemble, Irma Freeman Center for Imagination, Most Wanted Fine Art, Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse, and Pittsburgh Glass Center.

NEW THIS YEAR - the involveMINT ECOconomy: At the heart of the festival is involveMINT’s “moneyless” ECOconomy. All event volunteers can use the involveMINT platform to transform their volunteer hours into credits that can be spent to access essential goods and services, support eco-friendly vendors, and donate towards community projects. Businesses can trade credits for sustainability consulting, composting, marketing, and any other business on the platform. Participating vendors include Worm Return, Terroir LLC, Public Source, and many more! Together, we are building an ECOconomy where businesses and volunteers create change, earn change, and accelerate change, empowering communities towards a brighter, more sustainable future.

NEW THIS YEAR – The Solar Punk Pledge: As part of this year’s event, involveMINT and ReImagine Jobs will be hosting the Solar Punk Pledge, where attendees can commit to completing environmental and social activities via the involveMINT platform that support a sustainable future. This pledge encourages individual and collective actions towards environmental and social sustainability, aligning perfectly with our mission of creating a regenerative, circular economy.

Quotes from Key Organizers:
“The SolarPunk Future Festival is more than just an event; it’s a movement towards a sustainable and equitable future. By transforming volunteer hours into credits, we’re empowering individuals and businesses to make a real impact in their communities. This festival is a testament to what we can achieve when we come together with a common purpose.” -Daniel Little, CEO of involveMINT

“The collaboration between ReImagine Jobs and involveMINT highlights the potential of combining social innovation with environmental stewardship. Our goal is to create pathways for meaningful work that supports both people and the planet. The SolarPunk Future Festival is a perfect platform to launch this vision.” -Daniel Little, CEO of involveMINT

"SolarPunk Future is fashioned to be family-friendly. We want everyone to get a taste of what a greener Pittsburgh can be." - Christine Bethea, Geek Art/Green Innovators

"I feel all of us can do better with sustainability. SolarPunk Future is one of the few events in the region to highlight environmental programs, eco organizations and green jobs." - Christine Bethea, Geek Art/Green Innovators

“Recycling, upcycling, repurposing items continuously happens in the art world to create new artwork or take products that had one function and give it another. Canvases, cardboard, paint materials, craft items, the list goes on in what artists use as a resource for creativity. It's cost effective and saves on waste that would end up in our communities.” Thomas Agnew, Co-Founder BOOM Concepts

“The organizations involved will deliver education on sustainability and being able to see that you can also do some of the same things they provide will hopefully uplift attendees to do their part in protecting our environments.” Thomas Agnew, Co-Founder BOOM Concepts

Join us at the SolarPunk Future Festival and be part of a movement that is shaping the future of work and the economy. Together, we can create a sustainable and equitable world for all.

List of participating organizations: 350Pittsburgh, 412 Food Rescue, Aerial Tea Lounge, Assemble, Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation, BOOM Concepts, Breathe Project, Brian David designs for Ecolution, Brookline Teen Outreach/Compassionate Counseling, City of Pittsburgh, Climate Reality Pittsburgh & SWPA, Communitopia, Construction Junction, Duquesne Light, Edie Smith Studio (formerly Espirations Greeting Cards), El Colibri, FracTracker Alliance, GoodWill Industries, Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, Green Mountain Energy, Grounded Strategies, Group Against Smog and Pollution (GASP), involveMINT, Irma Freeman Center for Imagination, KEYS Service Corps AmeriCorps, League of Women Voters, Mele’s Gifts & Party Planning, Millvale Tool Library / Millvale Community Library, Mondo Artist, Most Wanted Fine Art, NASA International Space Apps Challenge Pittsburgh, NeighborWorks Western Pa, New Century Careers, New Sun Rising, Our Children Our Earth: Toys & Eco-Goods, PA League of Women Voters, Papa Jeans Co., Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse, Pittsburgh Glass Center, Pittsburgh Green New Deal - volunteer organization, Pittsburgh Regional Transit (PRT), Protect PT, PublicSource, ReImagine Appalachia, Sierra Club of PA, Sol Refill, Sunrise Movement Pittsburgh, Susan Loucks Consulting, Sustainable Pittsburgh, Terroir Designs, The Center for Sustainable Business at Pitt University, Transitional Characters, Twisted Space LLC, UpstreamPgh, URA, Velumn Fermentation, WESA, Worm Return, and Youth Plantrepreneurs.

Contact Information: For media inquiries, please contact:
Daniel Little,
CEO, involveMINT

CEO, Founder - involveMINT
5648 Friendship Ave. PGH, PA 15206