OWASP Mobile Top 10 - Reboot

Milan Singh Thakur

Jan 17, 2023, 8:49:03 PM1/17/23
to Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org, Sven Schleier, Alaeddine Mesbahi
Dear Team,

Greetings of the day!

First of all, apologies for missing to update the project on regular basis.

However, now we (with Alaee in cc) have found the heartbeat for Mobile Top 10 project revival. We will be actively engaging our community for upliftment of the project.

We have already started discussions internally and intend to bring in more talent in the near future.

We would request your support and participation for this to be a success!

Regards,
Milan
OWASP Mobile Project
--
Regards,
Milan Singh Thakur

Jim Manico

Jan 17, 2023, 10:02:03 PM1/17/23
to Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org, Sven Schleier, Alaeddine Mesbahi
I’d love to help!

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

Andrew van der Stock

Jan 17, 2023, 10:26:16 PM1/17/23
to Jim Manico, Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org, Sven Schleier, Alaeddine Mesbahi
Hi there,

We should try to coordinate data collection. The OWASP Top 10 2024 will be starting up again soon! :)

Thanks,
Andrew

Tao Yang

Jan 17, 2023, 10:47:56 PM1/17/23
to Andrew van der Stock, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Jim Manico, Milan Singh Thakur, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org
Happy to help.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Milan Singh Thakur

Jan 18, 2023, 3:37:06 AM1/18/23
to Tao Yang, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org
Really appreciate the active participation by our Team Here.

Let me circle back in couple of days, once we establish baseline communications.

Regards,
Milan

Andrew van der Stock

Jan 18, 2023, 10:20:55 AM1/18/23
to Milan Singh Thakur, Tao Yang, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org
We should also think about updating the Proactive Controls as a first class Top 10.

thanks,
Andrew

Milan Singh Thakur

Jan 18, 2023, 10:21:58 AM1/18/23
to Andrew van der Stock, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Tao Yang, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org
Yes, I do agree on it!

Javi D R

Jan 18, 2023, 10:31:45 AM1/18/23
to Milan Singh Thakur, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Tao Yang, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org
Happy to join again ;) hope you all are good

Jason H

Jan 18, 2023, 10:43:55 AM1/18/23
to Javi D R, Milan Singh Thakur, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Tao Yang, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org
As a former leader, I would love to participate. Let's just ensure that it remains a scientific endeavor and isn't tainted by vendors =) We had that problem two iterations ago.

--
- Jason Haddix

Neil Harwani

Jan 18, 2023, 10:50:21 AM1/18/23
to Milan Singh Thakur, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org, Sven Schleier
Count me in for support and participation.

Regards,
Neil

Best Regards,
Neil Harwani
www.TechAndTrain.com

bilalm...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2023, 11:12:42 AM1/18/23
to Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org, Sven Schleier, Alaeddine Mesbahi

Hi @Milan Singh Thakur How I can be part this great initiative ?

Do let me know.

Regards…

Bilal

Jim Manico

Jan 18, 2023, 11:53:43 AM1/18/23
to Andrew van der Stock, Milan Singh Thakur, Tao Yang, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org, Katy Anton

I agree Andrew. Is anyone interested in helping with the proactive controls? I would be eager to get a new one out in 2023.

- Jim

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

Lalit Naphade

Jan 18, 2023, 12:35:23 PM1/18/23
to Milan Singh Thakur, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Tao Yang, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org

Dario Rivera Jr

Jan 18, 2023, 7:17:51 PM1/18/23
to Lalit Naphade, Milan Singh Thakur, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Tao Yang, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org
From Philippines with love, want to help and participate too.

to Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org, Sven Schleier, Alaeddine Mesbahi
Count me in!

Sent from me

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan

Martijn | x1m

Jan 19, 2023, 6:03:26 AM1/19/23
to Jonathan Domanus, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Milan Singh Thakur, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org, Sven Schleier
Happy to help out where possible!

Op do 19 jan. 2023 om 01:37 schreef Jonathan Domanus <jondo...@gmail.com>
--

Met vriendelijke groet/Kind regards,

Martijn Baalman

Carlos Morell

Jan 19, 2023, 6:05:38 AM1/19/23
to Martijn | x1m, Jonathan Domanus, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Milan Singh Thakur, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org, Sven Schleier
+1

Count me in, happy to help!

Carlos

Missatge de Martijn | x1m <mar...@x1m.nl> del dia dj., 19 de gen. 2023 a les 12:03:

--

Carlos Morell Roldan

------------------------
mail: morell...@gmail.com
mov.: +34 646 65 69 59
skype: cmorell85

mut Tonny

Jan 19, 2023, 10:04:37 AM1/19/23
to Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org, Sven Schleier, Alaeddine Mesbahi
Hi guys.. thanks for keeping the community alive.
I can help out where possible.
Thanks

Regards
Tony

Jason Axley

Jan 19, 2023, 9:14:17 PM1/19/23
to Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, OWASP Mobile Security List, Sven Schleier, Alaeddine Mesbahi
Great to hear about the reboot!

I've moved away from mobile appsec so will sit this one out.  Too much needed in MLsec...

Jason

scott ingel

Jan 19, 2023, 10:43:13 PM1/19/23
to Jason Axley, Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, OWASP Mobile Security List, Sven Schleier, Alaeddine Mesbahi
I'm here for it, too.
 Glad to see everyone back!

Milan Singh Thakur

Jan 20, 2023, 8:48:48 AM1/20/23
to scott ingel, Jason Axley, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Board of Directors, OWASP List, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, OWASP Mobile Security List, Sven Schleier, Alaeddine Mesbahi
I am really happy to see the humongous response and willingness to contribute to Mobile top 10 project.

Please allow us to structure the team and send out communications soon.

Regards,
Milan Singh Thakur
OWASP Mobile Security Project
OWASP Foundation

Andrew van der Stock

Jan 25, 2023, 11:56:13 AM1/25/23
to mut Tonny, Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Neil Smithline, Torsten Gigler, Brian Glas, OWASP Board of Directors, owasp-topten-project
I'd like to see a kick off meeting next week. Considering various time zones, does it make sense to do three meetings across many time zones, or shall we just do one and record it?

thanks,
Andrew

Andrew van der Stock

Jan 31, 2023, 11:37:55 AM1/31/23
to mut Tonny, Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Mobile Security Project, Alaeddine Mesbahi, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Torsten Gigler, Brian Glas, owasp-topten-project, Neil Smithline
Hi all,

I've created three options (and I hear you, Milan, that one will be enough. It's just with so many folks in so many time zones; it's easier to do it this way.)

I will record each session and minute all the major things, such as when, who volunteered, etc, and dates and deadlines.

So here are the options:

Please RSVP to one (or more) of the sessions, and I hope to see you there!

thanks,
Andrew

Vandana Verma

Feb 2, 2023, 4:48:14 AM2/2/23
to Andrew van der Stock, mut Tonny, Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Mobile Security Project, Alaeddine Mesbahi, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Torsten Gigler, Brian Glas, owasp-topten-project, Neil Smithline
Hi Andrew,

I would love to contribute to it.

Thank You

Thank You,
Vandana Verma
OWASP Global Board of Directors
OWASP Bangalore - Chapter Leader

Tho Huynh Phuoc

Feb 2, 2023, 5:05:28 AM2/2/23
to Vandana Verma, Andrew van der Stock, mut Tonny, Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Mobile Security Project, Alaeddine Mesbahi, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Torsten Gigler, Brian Glas, owasp-topten-project, Neil Smithline
From Vietnam with love, want to help and participate too.

Vào 16:48, T.5, 2 Th2, 2023 Vandana Verma <vandan...@owasp.org> đã viết:

Milan Singh Thakur

Feb 2, 2023, 5:07:42 AM2/2/23
to Tho Huynh Phuoc, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Brian Glas, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Neil Smithline, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Torsten Gigler, Vandana Verma, mut Tonny, owasp-topten-project
Sure thing!

Let us discuss the roadmap and other details in upcoming meeting on 09th Feb.

Looking forward to the Team!

himanshu tyagi

Feb 2, 2023, 6:36:31 AM2/2/23
to Milan Singh Thakur, Tho Huynh Phuoc, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Brian Glas, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Neil Smithline, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Torsten Gigler, Vandana Verma, mut Tonny, owasp-topten-project
Count me in too. I would love to contribute as well.

Thanks!
Himanshu

Carlos Morell

Feb 2, 2023, 7:16:18 AM2/2/23
to himanshu tyagi, Milan Singh Thakur, Tho Huynh Phuoc, Alaeddine Mesbahi, Andrew Muller, Andrew van der Stock, Brian Glas, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, Neil Smithline, OWASP Mobile Security Project, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Torsten Gigler, Vandana Verma, mut Tonny, owasp-topten-project
Count me too.
See you in the meeting

Carlos

Missatge de himanshu tyagi <himanshut...@gmail.com> del dia dj., 2 de febr. 2023 a les 12:36:

Haythem Hammour

Feb 2, 2023, 8:25:59 PM2/2/23
to Andrew van der Stock, mut Tonny, Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Mobile Security Project, Alaeddine Mesbahi, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Torsten Gigler, Brian Glas, owasp-topten-project, Neil Smithline
Hi Andrew,
I'd love to work on and contribute to OWASP top 10 2023 and 2024 as well.

Haythem

Andrew van der Stock

Feb 7, 2023, 12:23:52 PM2/7/23
to mut Tonny, Milan Singh Thakur, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Mobile Security Project, Alaeddine Mesbahi, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Torsten Gigler, Brian Glas, owasp-topten-project, Neil Smithline
We have over 120 attendees. Please make sure you've registered for at least one of the three sessions! :) I'm sure we will be able to find new volunteers, data sources, and contributors among the attendees.

thanks,
Andrew

Milan Singh Thakur

Feb 7, 2023, 5:57:50 PM2/7/23
to Andrew van der Stock, mut Tonny, Andrew Muller, Carlos Holguera, Jim Manico, OWASP Mobile Security Project, Alaeddine Mesbahi, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Sven Schleier, Torsten Gigler, Brian Glas, owasp-topten-project, Neil Smithline
Eagerly waiting to sync up with everyone for the Top Ten Reboot!