Best CRS branch for production

Paul Beckett

Nov 28, 2019, 8:08:44 AM11/28/19
to ModSecurity Core Rule Set project
I'm looking to deploy CRS3 on an Apache 2.4x, mod-security 2.9.3 setup. I'd appreciate it if anyone could confirm the branch that is considered most suitable / recommended for a production install.

There seems to be a slight conflict in the advice between:

The former suggests the preferred method is to download from the githuib repository, which defaults to the 3.3/dev branch.
The later seems to advocate taking the 3.2 release (archive)

Could you confirm if for a reasonably conservative production environment, the 3.2 archive is the best option?

Thanks,
Paul

Christian Folini

Nov 28, 2019, 8:21:15 AM11/28/19
to Paul Beckett, ModSecurity Core Rule Set project
Hello Paul,

CRS 3.2.0 is the latest stable release.

https://modsecurity.org/crs is not under the control of the project or
it would have been long updated.