modsecurity-crs performance benchmarks

Jay Kelner

Oct 27, 2022, 10:31:18 AM10/27/22
to ModSecurity Core Rule Set project
Hi all,

Has anyone done any sort of performance benchmarking on any of the modsecurity-crs docker images in the past?

https://hub.docker.com/r/owasp/modsecurity-crs/

We are trying to use one of these images to implement a WAF sidecar, and I imagine the throughput varies greatly with how the image is configured, but I'm just trying to figure out some ballpark estimates of what kind of throughput we "should" be seeing (e.g. would 20000 requests per 1 second per 1 core be possible? How about 200000?).

Thanks,
- Jay

Franziska Buehler

Oct 27, 2022, 1:41:35 PM10/27/22
to Jay Kelner, ModSecurity Core Rule Set project
Hi Jay,

Thank you for your interesting question.

I'm not aware of any performance testing we've done from the CRS project, but we would be very interested in the results if someone did some benchmarking.

Best,
Franziska

CRS Dev-on-Duty

Message has been deleted