removed rules in CRS4

mahh m

Apr 3, 2024, 2:28:47 AMApr 3
to modsecurity-core...@owasp.org
Hi,
I am investigating the CRS version 4 to use it. It seems that the DoS relevant rules (REQUEST-912-DOS-PROTECTION) and also the rules which are related to CMS frameworks (like REQUEST-903...) are removed. What are the alternative rules? how to protect against the attacks?

Jozef Sudolsky

Apr 3, 2024, 2:36:57 AMApr 3
to modsecurity-core...@owasp.org
Hi,

these features were moved into plugins, see:
https://github.com/coreruleset/plugin-registry

azurit

Citát mahh m <muhh...@gmail.com>:
> --
> send an email to
> modsecurity-core-rule-...@owasp.org.
> https://groups.google.com/a/owasp.org/d/msgid/modsecurity-core-rule-set-project/CAB8YvAJiDoX%3Doxp4EwdKRcRjQNnh0KhGTq3zdaNvCaZuf2-MiA%40mail.gmail.com.

Christian Folini

Apr 3, 2024, 10:38:48 AMApr 3
to mahh m, modsecurity-core...@owasp.org
Hi there,

We have stripped down CRS and moved non-essential functionality into
plugins. The Anti-DoS Plugin is not really tested much so far, but
you can find it via the plugin registry.

https://github.com/coreruleset/plugin-registry

Best,

Christian