Welcome & GeoIP

Jean-Charles OLLAT

Mar 4, 2024, 2:47:48 PMMar 4
to ModSecurity Core Rule Set project

Hello everyone,

I wanted to extend a warm thank you for welcoming me to this discussion group. It's a pleasure to join the WAF community.

I just migrated my homelab to Version 4.0.0. I'm using the latest version of Modsecurity and the connector for nginx 1.24 (latest stable).

I have examined the file crs-setup.conf, and I don't find anything about GeoIP.

Can we still use it ? in the way than the version 3.x ?

Is that something that you have decide to depreciate ?

That sad because, nginx V1.24 do not support GeoIP anymore so the last option is to use the host firewall.

Thanks again to let me in ...