Event 19 november: Social Engineering

Jonathan Jogenfors

Nov 12, 2020, 9:28:21 AM11/12/20
to Jonkoping chapter
Välkomna på OWASP JKPG den 19 november. Denna gång välkomnar vi Hanna Ljung, expert på Social Engineering på Swedbank som kommer och talar om detta spännande ämne.

Återigen kör vi ett virtuellt event via YouTube. Du kan se eventet live här: https://youtu.be/Wvcd5G01lxo

Tid: 19 november 2020 kl. 19:00.

Anmäl er gärna på vår Facebook-sida: https://www.facebook.com/events/2768524430027035/

Titel: Social engineering - You are a target

Manipulating people has always been a beneficial approach for criminals. This also applies to our digital world. Social engineering is a tool used by criminals in cyber-attacks and it targets the user - you. Social engineering is about manipulating people to perform actions or disclosing confidential information. But how does it work?

As a behavioural scientist, Hanna Ljung has a deep understanding of human psychology and complex behaviour. She is an ethical hacker and will share real life stories from when she herself used social engineering to attack organizations and its users. Today, Hanna works as a security awareness expert and her goal is to reduce human risk, By supporting our users to become more security-aware, we are simultaneously minimizing the cyber-criminal´s attack surface”.

Questions you will get answered during this session:

·        What is social engineering?

·        How is social engineering used in a cyber-attack?

·        Why are you a target?

Välkomna!

OWASP JKPG via Jonathan Jogenfors