October Board Meeting Preparation

Owen Pendlebury

Oct 13, 2020, 2:01:32 PM10/13/20
to Global-board, Andrew van der Stock
Hi all

On the officers call Sherif and I have either sponsored and seconded motions, tabled some for more information and felt some can be moved to e-vote as we have a packed agenda which can be found here - https://owasp.org/www-board/meetings/202010.html

1. The motions for e-vote are

  • Motion to formally adopt Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised 12th Edition
  • Motion to operationalize temporary infractions of Code of Conduct
  • Motion to grant complimentary Membership to active leaders

We feel that both of these have been spoken about on a number of occasions so there should not be a discussion required, although happy to have one via email.

2. The motions that we recommend to be tabled are the ones that reference 2/3. We feel that even though some of them have a sponsor and second, 2/3 needs to be further clarified. Technically that is 4.66666666 of the board so are we saying 4 or 5 and of the entire present board or does it exclude people if the vote is against them.

3. The motions that we have sponsored and seconded are

  • Motion to approve a new Committee policy - Sponsor- Owen, Second - Sherif
  • Motion to comply with US Government sanctions - Sponsor- Sherif, Second - Owen

Furthermore, there is a motion to approve 6 policy changes (Currently not linked on the website agenda)

These will need to be reviewed in advance of the meeting. Can you please review and state any questions you may have in order to ensure that the board meeting runs smoothly and we get through the agenda.

We've also looked at the September meeting notes ( https://owasp.org/www-board/minutes/202009) and noticed that the event strategy has been tabled. Is this ready to be reviewed - and has the board reviewed the following.- https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tbvT9WDb0q6RN9OgsAHBjN0QHNPZay8WSule74MzzZ4/edit?ts=5f691c04#slide=id.g999af9c265_0_51

Emily has asked for either option A or B, if so we should either have an e-vote or bring it up in the agenda.

Owen Pendlebury @pendo19
Chair OWASP Global Board of Directors
OWASP Ireland-Dublin https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Ireland-Dublin @AppSecIreland

Consider giving back, and supporting the open source community by becoming a member or making a donation today!

Andrew van der Stock

Oct 13, 2020, 3:13:21 PM10/13/20
to Owen Pendlebury, Global-board
The event strategy is due at the November Board meeting as we will only know about the financial success of AppSec Virtual at that point. At the moment, it's looking fairly good, but we do need to have real numbers to truly understand the profit we made using it.

I'll work with Mike to get those policies to you asap.

thanks,
Andrew

Sherif Mansour

Oct 13, 2020, 3:53:06 PM10/13/20
to Andrew van der Stock, Global-board, Owen Pendlebury
Thanks Andrew and Owen,

@Andrew, One additional side note: I was no longer able to merge my commits to the BoD meeting MD file.

-Sherif

Sherif Mansour
OWASP Global Board Member & OWASP London Chapter Leader
Site: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/London

Mike McCamon

Oct 13, 2020, 5:00:25 PM10/13/20
to Global-board
To review community comments on our docket of Policy Documents, please visit https://owasp.org/www-staff/projects/202010-policy-review.html for links.

Andrew van der Stock

Oct 14, 2020, 10:33:09 AM10/14/20
to Global-board, Sherif Mansour, Global-board, Owen Pendlebury, Andrew van der Stock
Hi all,

You will have received all three e-votes in your email. Please vote by COB Monday evening, and I will post the results to the agenda before the public Board meeting.

@sherif - Please create a pull request (PR) and I'll merge your changes. Sometimes, you need to pull changes or else your change will not merge automatically. If you don't want to do that, please email me your changes and I'll get them done for you.

@owen - I will update November's agenda with the tabled items and the events strategy.

thanks
Andrew

Sherif Mansour

Oct 18, 2020, 8:03:57 AM10/18/20
to Andrew van der Stock, Global-board, Owen Pendlebury
Dear all,

Just a quick update for Tuesday’s BoD meeting.

1) all e-votes have passed with each having more than 4 votes in favour. There are still members that need to vote, please submit your votes by Monday EoD for Record.

2) Andrew/Sponsors - The motions that we recommend to be tabled are the ones that reference 2/3. We feel that even though some of them have a sponsor and second, 2/3 needs to be further clarified. Technically that is 4.66666666 of the board so are we saying 4 or 5 and of the entire present board or does it exclude people if the vote is against them. Please clarify the motions so they can be added back into the agenda.

3) Please ensure you have read the 6 policies to be voted on for Tuesday’s meeting:

Grant Ongers (OWASP)

Oct 18, 2020, 8:21:55 AM10/18/20
to Sherif Mansour, Andrew van der Stock, Global-board, Owen Pendlebury
The current, waiting-to-be-voted-on membership policy doesn't account for the operalisation of leaders getting complimentary membership as suggested in my PR.
Is that PR simply being overlooked or are we ignoring it for now?

--

grant.ongers@owasp.org

GnuPG: F164 738F 16BF FDBF F0B6 5720 C986 8AF7 5F41 97BE
Member at Large, Global Board of Directors

Sherif Mansour

Oct 18, 2020, 8:25:57 AM10/18/20
to Grant Ongers (OWASP), Andrew van der Stock, Global-board, Owen Pendlebury
I’ll defer to Andrew, (send the PR in case it got lost in the shuffle).

In general I think if the foundation are restricting paged we need to keep an eye on the PRs. I was surprised when merge access to the BoD agenda was revoked.

-Sherif

Grant Ongers (OWASP)

Oct 18, 2020, 9:33:57 AM10/18/20
to Sherif Mansour, Grant Ongers (OWASP), Andrew van der Stock, Global-board, Owen Pendlebury