Motion on bylaw changes super majority

Andrew van der Stock

Oct 1, 2020, 1:01:21 PM10/1/20
to Global-board
Board,

One of the legal reviews we had on our bylaws is that the bar for changing our policies and bylaws is too low at a simple majority. They recommend revising it to be in line with common practice of a super majority or unanimous. I would suggest that the OWASP Board is unlikely to agree on everything and therefore unanimous is a huge block to reform and change.

Suggestion motion (Happy to take any amendments, bold are the changes):

"Resolved, the Board directs the Foundation to update section 10.01 of the OWASP bylaws to read:

SECTION 10.01 Amendments

OWASP Bylaws and policies may be amended by a two thirds majority vote of the Board of Directors, provided prior notice is given of the proposed amendment in the notice of the meeting at which such action is taken, or provided all members of the Board waive such notice, or by unanimous consent in writing without a meeting."

Please have a discussion, and once the text is ready, the motion will need a sponsor and second.

thanks,

Andrew