Proposed Board agenda for November meeting is up

Andrew van der Stock

Nov 13, 2020, 10:31:59 AM11/13/20
to Global-board
Hi Board,

A relatively light month this month. The primary thing is to approve two residual policies, and from there, discuss the progress on the 2021 Budget, and the direction on finance reform as documented in the Operating Plan 2021.

If you have any topics you'd like to have added, please contact me prior to Tuesday's officer prep call.

thanks,
Andrew

Martin Knobloch

Nov 23, 2020, 5:08:43 AM11/23/20
to Andrew van der Stock, Global-board
Andrew, et al,

I am missing the October recording (or better recordings):
(at the end of this page) https://owasp.org/www-board/

Cheers,
-martin

Andrew van der Stock

Nov 23, 2020, 10:05:41 AM11/23/20
to Martin Knobloch, Global-board
Thanks Martin, I will find and upload them.

thanks,
Andrew

Andrew van der Stock

Nov 23, 2020, 11:28:09 AM11/23/20
to Martin Knobloch, Global-board
The videos have been uploaded and included on the historical recordings tab.

thanks,
Andrew

Andrew van der Stock

Nov 23, 2020, 2:31:09 PM11/23/20
to Global-board, Andrew van der Stock, Global-board, Martin Knobloch
Hi Board,

All of the reports and financial packages have been uploaded for tomorrow's meeting to the November agenda. Please review.

It will be worth paying attention to the financial report, so you can ask Tom questions tomorrow. Around this time whenever we have had a global AppSec, and we start recognizing the income, things look much better than before. Something that we don't know (yet) is if some or all of deferred income will be recognized, and that may change our financial position. If we can recognize it all, we are in good shape. If we have to defer some of it (i.e. for sponsors who sat out this year's event), we will have less. When Kelly and Emily return next week we will be able to give you a solid answer to this, but as December's meeting is likely to be before the books close, Tom or myself will keep you updated separately.

thanks,
Andrew

Andrew van der Stock

Nov 23, 2020, 2:32:09 PM11/23/20
to Global-board, Andrew van der Stock, Global-board, Martin Knobloch
I should say that the events e-vote is still open. Owen and Gary, please vote before I have to close the poll. The motion has passed.

thanks
Andrew

Owen Pendlebury

Nov 23, 2020, 2:37:57 PM11/23/20
to Andrew van der Stock, Global-board, Martin Knobloch
Hi Andrew

Do you have the results of the vendor poll?

I asked that we receive this before the poll is run so that we know if it’s worthwhile to do so that we don’t waste staffs time.

I did see the poll but chose to wait for this information.

Owen
Chair OWASP Global Board of Directors

Andrew van der Stock

Nov 23, 2020, 3:16:33 PM11/23/20
to Owen Pendlebury, Global-board, Martin Knobloch
Kelly is not here, so I will log in to Survey Monkey and see what the results are. The event strategy you are voting on here is the first 4 items, and not an in-person AppSec SF next year, where the stakes are much higher. This e-vote has an ask of less than $50k for a hopeful return of around $200k or so.

thanks,
Andrew

Andrew van der Stock

Nov 23, 2020, 4:17:26 PM11/23/20
to Global-board, Andrew van der Stock, Global-board, Martin Knobloch, Owen Pendlebury
The survey results are posted in the other Board group for privacy reasons. If you can't access it, I'd be happy to send them directly via email as well.

thanks,
Andrew