December agenda is ready for review

Andrew van der Stock

Dec 12, 2020, 8:28:14 AM12/12/20
to Global-board

Hi Board,

There's only one motion this month, to finalize the push of SF and Dublin events to 2022. I'd like to get that cleared up asap as we have a staffing change.

Kelly's report will be slightly delayed due to family illness. The main thing is that we are seeing good adoption of the startup and regional corporate supporter options, and that we will be making an operational change to bring the top tier of corporate membership to $10k as we've had no renewals at the $25k price, and this is stopping us keeping some long term corporate sponsors. We will re-evaluate this as 2021 progresses, especially after the corporate advisory board is established - it could be that a complete rejig of sponsorship tiers is necessary to respect the different financial situation many of our long term sponsors and supporters find themselves in.

thanks,
Andrew

Grant Ongers (OWASP)

Dec 12, 2020, 9:58:10 AM12/12/20
to Andrew van der Stock, Global-board
Hi Andrew,

Can we please add the commissioning for the Education and Training Committee's Charter, updated to cover the new requirements.

If at all possible can we make this the first item of new business as Adrian has a conflict with his Chapter meetup otherwise.

Best Regards,
Grant

Andrew van der Stock

Dec 14, 2020, 10:54:13 AM12/14/20
to Global-board, Grant Ongers, Global-board, Andrew van der Stock
Grant,

I will reach out to the education committee for their updated charter and check in with the rest.

thanks
Andrew

Martin Knobloch

Dec 15, 2020, 10:31:41 AM12/15/20
to Andrew van der Stock, Global-board, Grant Ongers
Hi Andrew, et al,

I assume no one from the committee was available?

CHeers,
-martin

Andrew van der Stock

Dec 15, 2020, 10:35:02 AM12/15/20
to Martin Knobloch, Global-board, Grant Ongers
Martin,

I am still reviewing the two draft charters that have been shared with me, but I feel it's very short notice to ask folks to attend, but you are right, that is the process and we should follow it.

I suggest that we will need to approve them by e-vote with discussions held here with the committees in question or postpone a vote until January. I will make sure that they know to come to the Board meeting if we go to the latter meeting.

thanks
Andrew