Distinguished Lifetime membership vote has passed 6/0

Andrew van der Stock

Sep 9, 2021, 8:56:30 AM9/9/21
to Global-board
Hi folks,

I checked this morning, and the motion has passed. I will apply the changes to the bylaws today.

The next step is to nominate people for the Distinguished Lifetime Membership for the 20th Anniversary. Once you have decided on the total number (3-5 seems reasonable, 20 could also be explained as a once-off), I can run individual e-votes for each nominee you tell me, or if you can agree to a single vote with a set of names, please let me know. This needs to be voted on and decided by the time of the prep call so it can be on the agenda for the Board meeting on the 28th, and so we have time to inform the recipients before the 24th.

Action item: Please have a private discussion on how many and who will be nominated/voted on and get back to me by at the latest Monday night next week so I can run an e-vote in time for the prep call.

At some point the Board will need to decide on a convention for giving these away, either 1-3 per global appsec or 3-5 per year at another event. I don't know that we need to put the total amount or when or where in the bylaws, it should be up to each Board, but I would counsel that it's only a couple of times a year for truly extraordinary OWASP contributors and to preserve the exclusivity of the award.

thanks,
Andrew van der Stock
Executive Director, OWASP

OWASP Top 10 and OWASP Application Security Verification Standard co-lead