eVote on Foundation Credit Cards

1 view

Grant Ongers (OWASP)

Nov 10, 2021, 4:17:18 AM11/10/21
to Global-board, Sherif Mansour, Tom Pappas, Andrew van der Stock, Dawn Aitken
Hi all,

I've created an eVote on Doodle for a motion to allow Andrew and Tom to replace the Amex the Foundation currently uses with a credit card from Citizen. This allows us to leverage our own bank for the Foundations credit and removes the personal liability to Andrew for our credit usage. Please take a look and vote as soon as you are able to.

@Dawn Aitken the motion is brought by myself and seconded by @Sherif Mansour

Many thanks,
Grant

--

Grant Ongers
Co-Lead   | OWASP Cornucopia Project

Owen Pendlebury

Nov 10, 2021, 4:22:29 AM11/10/21
to Grant Ongers (OWASP), Andrew van der Stock, Dawn Aitken, Global-board, Sherif Mansour, Tom Pappas
Thanks Grant, is this a like for like switch with limits etc?

Chair OWASP Global Board of Directors

Martin Knobloch

Nov 10, 2021, 4:27:45 AM11/10/21
to Owen Pendlebury, Grant Ongers (OWASP), Andrew van der Stock, Dawn Aitken, Global-board, Sherif Mansour, Tom Pappas
Could we have some details why this is required?
What is the current limit and why would we want to change it?

Kind regards,
-martin

Sherif Mansour

Nov 10, 2021, 4:53:07 AM11/10/21
to Martin Knobloch, Andrew van der Stock, Dawn Aitken, Global-board, Grant Ongers (OWASP), Owen Pendlebury, Tom Pappas
Hi Martin, the main thing is not the limit - the main thing is that OWASP is paying for things with other people’s credit cards.

Mike was paying for OWASP expenses with a credit card issued to him (he was the personal guarantee of the card).

Now when Andrew joined and continued this - his personal credit score went down due to a late payment. So it impacted him personally (negatively).

Secondly it’s a conflict of interest - the card holder would benefit from the increase in points (and the effects of the credit rating) none of the benefits would be passed on to OWASP.

Finally the limits - in general should not be paying for things with a credit card (though some are needed) to demand good behaviour we also need to cap bad behaviour. Hence the limit. And it should be a corporate credit card and Andrew or Mike’s personal card.

That is the reason for the motion.
I hope this helps.

-Sherif
--
Sherif Mansour
OWASP Global Board Member & OWASP London Chapter Leader

Consider giving back, and supporting the open source community by becoming a member or making a donation today!

Grant Ongers (OWASP)

Nov 10, 2021, 5:31:43 AM11/10/21
to Sherif Mansour, Martin Knobloch, Andrew van der Stock, Dawn Aitken, Global-board, Grant Ongers (OWASP), Owen Pendlebury, Tom Pappas
As Sherif has said the primary reason is for OWASP to own (and be responsible for) the credit in use. Otherwise it's a like for like, and brings the OWASP credit facilities inside our current bank.

Sherif Mansour

Nov 10, 2021, 5:33:51 AM11/10/21
to Grant Ongers (OWASP), Andrew van der Stock, Dawn Aitken, Global-board, Martin Knobloch, Owen Pendlebury, Tom Pappas
Which is why I second that motion.
Thanks for proposing this Grant!

Martin Knobloch

Nov 10, 2021, 5:37:48 AM11/10/21
to Sherif Mansour, Grant Ongers (OWASP), Andrew van der Stock, Dawn Aitken, Global-board, Owen Pendlebury, Tom Pappas
See, that is the information I asked for, in order to make a sensible decision before voting ;)
Kind regards,
-martin

Grant Ongers (OWASP)

Nov 11, 2021, 7:53:32 AM11/11/21
to Martin Knobloch, Sherif Mansour, Grant Ongers (OWASP), Andrew van der Stock, Dawn Aitken, Global-board, Owen Pendlebury, Tom Pappas
Thanks Martin :-)

The vote has already passed with four yes votes cast, I would ask that the rest of the Board vote for completeness sake but Andrew, Tom, you can go ahead and get things rolling.

Many thanks,
Grant

Andrew van der Stock

Nov 11, 2021, 8:26:37 AM11/11/21
to Grant Ongers (OWASP), Martin Knobloch, Sherif Mansour, Dawn Aitken, Global-board, Owen Pendlebury, Tom Pappas
Thank you. This is very much appreciated by my credit score :) Also, it will help when the staff travels next year.

thanks,
Andrew