OWASP Hamburg Stammtisch: Building Secure Mobile Apps (29.1.2012, *16h*)

Dirk Wetter

Jan 18, 2021, 10:37:29 AM1/18/21
to Germany chapter, Björn Kimminich

Hi all,

we'll have our next online event in a bit. Presenting language will be
English. It'll be something special for a number of reasons.

I am glad to have Sven Schleier and Carlos Holguera as a guest speaker at our
OWASP Hamburg stammtisch. They'll present topics where OWASP in the past years
made substantial impact: mobile application security. Sven and Carlos have
been involved in many of the OWASP mobile security projects
(https://owasp.org/www-project-mobile-security/) for a long time. Specifically
they are project leads for OWASP MSTG and OWASP MASVS.

Sven is actually German but living in Singapore, Carlos is chiming in from
Berlin. To make it less painful for Sven we settled on an unusual time slot.
An occasion for Europeans to start into the weekend. :-)

TLDR:
=====
Title: "Building Secure Mobile Apps - (You don’t have to learn it the hard
way!)"
Speaker: Sven Schleier / Carlos Holguera
Location: Online
Start: 29th of January 2021, 4:00 pm
(B|P)eering/networking: Stick around afterwards if you like.
Meetup URL: https://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Hamburg-Stammtisch/events/275720948/

Abstract:
=========
There are numerous ways of developing mobile apps today, but how do you ensure
that security is part of the development process? What are the attacks I
should be concerned about and what can I do to avoid being an easy target? The
OWASP Mobile Security Testing Guide (MSTG) and Mobile AppSec Verification
Standard (MASVS) are agile written books by a team of numerous contributors
that describe the attack surface of mobile apps, how to exploit them and what
you can do to protect your apps.

In this talk we will make a deep dive into both projects and then head off
into some nice mobile hacking demos in both iOS and Android.

Want to secure your app? See you there!

How to participate
==================
OWASP Hamburg Meetup subscribers who RSVP'd for the event will see the Google
Meet invite URL at the RHS and can join the video conference directly. I'll
update the invite URL later. Please make sure you are muted by default.

If you don't want to join meetup, please let Björn and/or myself know via
mail and we'll try to send you the conference URL more or less shortly
beforehand.

Our OWASP "Stammtisch"
======================
Our meeting is about web applications and their (in)security and/or about IT
security in general. People come together who care as a hobby or in their job
about information security: developers, managers, pentesters and everybody
else who's interested. The atmosphere is open and relaxed. Who's coming to
sell products or services: Move on, this is not the right place. OWASP is
about education and sharing (mostly) technical information.

Feel free to forward our meetup URL to your colleagues or friends. They are
welcome, too. Participation is free and open -- as the O in OWASP.

Cheers, Dirk

--
OWASP Volunteer
Send me encrypted mails (Key ID 0x4D9CA7F2E2FA20B3)

Dirk Wetter

Jan 28, 2021, 3:57:02 AM1/28/21
to Germany chapter, Björn Kimminich

Hello / moin!

the usual reminder: That would be tommorow. 4pm.

Aand as most of you do not have a TARDIS: it's 2021, not 2012.

Cheers, Dirk