ESAPI Javadocs and latest URL

Jeffrey Walton

May 31, 2023, 11:46:21 AM5/31/23
to ESAPI Project Users
Hi Everyone,

I want to link to ESAPI's docs. For example, the Validator is located
at https://www.javadoc.io/static/org.owasp.esapi/esapi/2.0.1/index.html?org/owasp/esapi/Validator.html
.

However, I always want the latest, and not a particular version. When
I change '2.0.1' to 'latest', it causes a XML error.

How do I link to the latest docs?

Jeff

Kevin W. Wall

May 31, 2023, 12:06:19 PM5/31/23
to nolo...@gmail.com, esapi-project-users
I think 'latest' only works in the 'Frames' view. E.g.,

works fine. But if you want https://www.javadoc.io/static/org.owasp.esapi/esapi/2.5.2.0/org/owasp/esapi/Encoder.html and you flip out '2.5.2.0' with 'latest', you just get the XML 'AccessDenied' error that you referred to. I'm not sure if it is a bug or a feature of the javadoc.io site, but I have noticed it.

When it is important, I usually will URL that works in, using the latest version at the time of writing and then add a note something like "(or substitute '2.5.0.2' in this URL with the current latest version of ESAPI.) Alternately, you can just use
https://www.javadoc.io/doc/org.owasp.esapi/esapi/latest/index.html and then tell them how to navigate to what you are looking for.

But yeah, it's broken IMO. I've had the same issues.

-kevin

Blog: https://off-the-wall-security.blogspot.com/    | Twitter: @KevinWWall | OWASP ESAPI Project co-lead
NSA: All your crypto bit are belong to us.

Jeffrey Walton

May 31, 2023, 12:16:08 PM5/31/23
to Kevin W. Wall, esapi-project-users

https://github.com/maxcellent/javadoc.io/issues/165