Cornucopia in spanish

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Jun 8, 2020, 9:03:34 PM6/8/20
to Cornucopia Project
Hi! I've translated Cornucopia in spanish, also have mapped the new sans top 25 + 16 on the cusp with SAFECode practical Security stories, and have mapped too asvs 4.0.1 with SAFECode practical Security stories.

Colin Watson

Jun 14, 2020, 1:34:02 PM6/14/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
Hi Max

That sounds great. Well done. What format is all that in?

Colin

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020, 02:03 Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, <maxgs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi! I've translated Cornucopia in spanish, also have mapped the new sans top 25 + 16 on the cusp with SAFECode practical Security stories, and have mapped too asvs 4.0.1 with SAFECode practical Security stories.

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Jun 14, 2020, 1:40:46 PM6/14/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project
Hi Colin!
The cards in Spanish are in .doc format. The SAFECode practical Security stories with the new Sans top 25 + 16 on the cusp are in .xls and I'm double checking the mapping with the ASVS 4.0.1 in .xls too. Can I send you to this email?

Colin Watson

Jun 14, 2020, 1:48:26 PM6/14/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
Max

Please do share them as you feel suitable. To the list, or to me directly if you don't want them public yet.

If we have all the cards, and you could also do the card box and short instruction sheet, I think the project could fund getting the Adobe Illustrator files converted into Spanish.

Colin

Agile Stationery

Jun 15, 2020, 6:25:57 PM6/15/20
to Cornucopia Project
Max mentioned the mappings. Does this imply there is also change pending against the English Adobe Illustrator files?

Colin: you will have heard we are interested in getting those on sale as physical products. Perhaps we can/should get involved in making a digital and physical version available in English and Spanish? Illustrator is our work-horse application.

Simon Gibbs

PS first post to this group. I hope I have not broken any rules if etiquette.

Colin Watson

Jun 18, 2020, 12:48:17 PM6/18/20
to Agile Stationery, Cornucopia Project
Simon

Just to let others know, I had an email from Agile Stationery which I replied to this week. I think they want to produce decks of Cornucopia cards to sell, along with other agile-method materials they already produce (and indeed Elevation of privilege card game). As far as I know this is permitted by the open source licensing, although there are various attributions necessary and it must not imply any endorsement of the product or the company by OWASP. If anyone has any thoughts, feelings or knowledge about such arrangements, please share them here (preferably) or by direct email to me. I'd rather the discussion is open.

I am not sure whether OWASP itself still has printed card decks, or whether it would want to get more printed itself. The lack of a Spanish deck is a big gap.

It would make sense to make sure all the card mappings are updated (because the referenced sources keep updating). The project can get the Adobe files updated.

Colin

Simon Gibbs (Agile Stationery)

Jun 22, 2020, 5:10:35 PM6/22/20
to Cornucopia Project, si...@agilestationery.co.uk
Hi Colin

I'm happy to keep things open. I know there are other active maintainers and contributors who have an interest.

As Devika mentioned offline, the intent is still to take up the CC-By licence and print a batch. Thanks for using the licence so that we can be free to do that. We see this working well for EoP and everyone who was involved in that.

I am not trying to make a sale with OWASP and you should not feel obliged. On the other hand I would be absolutely delighted to help the project and OWASP chapters.

My reason for posting into this thread is because I would like to get a sense of the timing of the next English release? I don't want to undermine the product by shipping v1.20 only for customers to find 1.21 is released the following week, for example. It also makes a printed Spanish version much more likely if we can co-ordinate our efforts.

We stand ready to help deliver 1.21. Asking "is it ready yet" without offering to help would be bad manners! If you prefer to stick to your existing processes and suppliers then we would also understand. There is a lot going on at the moment after all.

Simon
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cornucopia-project+unsub...@owasp.org.

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Jun 24, 2020, 12:01:12 PM6/24/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project
Hi Colin,

Sorry por the late. I'm sending You Cornucopia in Spanish. There aren't updated yet the references to ASVS 4.0.1, it still have ASVS 3.0.1 like the original deck. Do you have Twitter or linkedin?
Regards!

Max
OWASP-Cornucopia-CARTAS ESPAÑOL - DATA.docx

Colin Watson

Jun 26, 2020, 3:58:44 AM6/26/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
Max

That's great. Thank you very much for your efforts.

I will contact the OWASP admin and check we still have funds, and see about getting a copy of the Adobe AI files updated with this Spanish test.

I wonder if you, or someone else, might be able to translate the folded instruction leaflet and card box text too, so we can get it all updated at the same time?

Colin

Colin Watson

Jun 26, 2020, 4:08:28 AM6/26/20
to Simon Gibbs (Agile Stationery), Cornucopia Project
Simon

Max has confirmed the ES version will also be v1.20, so we have nothing in progress for v1.21 yet.

I plan to get a set of ES AI files created.

I have contacted OWASP admin just to ask if they have any particular guidance we need to pass onto your company or anyone else, other than what is already stated in the Open Source licence. There are various attributions (e.g. to MS EoP, Blackfoot, OWASP) which need to be included. When Blackfoot created their printed card decks, they avoided any use of the OWASP logo (it does not appear on the cards anyway) and created their own box design, to help avoid any implication that OWASP endorsed, promoted or supported that company.

Colin

Colin Watson

Jun 26, 2020, 11:56:52 AM6/26/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
Max and others

OWASP has approved the cost of creating the ES card design files. So if we can get the leaflet and box translated, we can get this sorted quite soon.

Have a good weekend everyone,

Colin

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Jun 26, 2020, 1:24:36 PM6/26/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project
Hi colin You're welcome! I've been using Cornucopia for a long time and it's very useful. What is the folded instruction leaflet and card box text? Could you send me the route so I can translate them myself?

thank you!
Max

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Jun 26, 2020, 1:25:11 PM6/26/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project
Sorry, can You send me the link?
Thanks !!

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Jun 26, 2020, 7:33:25 PM6/26/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project
Colin

I'm translating the Cornucopia - Ecommerce Website Edition. Do you need something else to ve translated? Please let me know.
Have a good weekend!!
Max

Colin Watson

Jun 30, 2020, 6:55:59 PM6/30/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
Max

There are two extra parts needed for the PROFESSIONAL PRINTED CARD DESIGNS... the box and the folded leaflet. I have attached them here. If we do those as well, someone might get them professionally printed, rather than just the Word .DOCX.

Do you think the .TXT license file should also be in Spanish?

Colin

license.txt
OWASP CORNUCOPIA Folded Leaflet v1.20-EN SPREAD.pdf
OWASP CORNUCOPIA Playing Cards v1.20-EN.pdf

Colin Watson

Aug 9, 2020, 11:31:41 AM8/9/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
Hi Max

Hope you are well.

I wondered whether you (or any other volunteers!) are working on the translation of these additional files into Spanish? If we can get the text, I have approval to create the Adobe print-ready card files.

Colin

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Aug 10, 2020, 3:03:23 PM8/10/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project
Hi Colin! Sorry for the late! I'm working on the translation of the aditional files. Please give me this week and I'll send you the next thursday all translated.
Max

Colin Watson

Aug 10, 2020, 3:33:09 PM8/10/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
Max

That sounds fantastic. Once we have all the design files, I want to encourage OWASP to print and stock Spanish packs of cards, like they have English ones.

Colin

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Sep 4, 2020, 12:06:11 AM9/4/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project
Hi Colin!
I´ve translated the Cornucopia Playing Cards and the Cornucopia Folded Leaflet to spanish. There are in .pdf format and ready to print. I think there's no need to translate the license to spanish, we can use it in english.  Please let me know if you need something else. Sorry for the late, I´ve had troubles designing the pdf.
Max
--

Max Alejandro Gómez-Sánchez Vergaray

Ingeniero de Software - Consultor TI

Cel: 967717327

OWASP CORNUCOPIA Folded Leaflet v1.20-ES SPREAD.pdf
OWASP CORNUCOPIA Playing Cards v1.20-ES.pdf

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Sep 24, 2020, 11:19:25 PM9/24/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project
Hi Colin,

How're You? I hope you're fine! Please let me know if I can help in something else with the spanish version of Cornucopia.

Take care!
Max.

Colin Watson

Sep 29, 2020, 1:43:45 PM9/29/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
Max

Apologies, I had a large amount of work in September and my lack of attention to OWASP matters was compounded by my Android email client deciding not to tellme when I had new messages.

Anyway, I see you have done so much more than I was expecting - updating PDFFs too. I will have a look through these and get back to you.

All the best,

Colin

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Sep 30, 2020, 6:16:43 PM9/30/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project
Hi Colin! Don't worry! Thank you for your answer!!

Colin Watson

Oct 2, 2020, 9:47:53 AM10/2/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
This DOCX version of the card deck in Spanish, created by Max, has been added to the repository, and is linked from the "get the cards" tab:

That page tab now also has new information on some alternative sources of printed EN card decks - thanks to Grant Ongers for helping with this.

Regards

Colin

Colin Watson

Oct 2, 2020, 10:17:56 AM10/2/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
Hi Max

I have sent all your files to the designer who is going to pull it all together, although I think you've already done some of the work for him in those two recent PDFs.  There are some extra phrases for the box we could do with translations for too, as listed next. Can you or someone else help with those please?

Colin

----

Created by [Colin Watson]

Compliments of [         ]

For further information, visit our website at www.owasp.org

Contains: One pack of Cornucopia Ecommerce Website playing cards. OWASP Cornucopia is open source and can be downloaded free of charge from the OWASP website.

OWASP Cornucopia is free to use. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license, so you can copy, distribute and transmit the work, and you can adapt it, and use it commercially, but all provided that you attribute the work and if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar licence to this one.

The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a 501(c)(3) worldwide not-for-profit charitable organization focused on improving the security of software. Our mission is to make software security visible, so that individuals and organizations worldwide can make informed decisions about true software security risks. Everyone is free to participate in OWASP and all our materials are available under a free and open software license.

-----

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Oct 2, 2020, 10:28:13 AM10/2/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project
Hi Colin! Of course! Can I send you these phrases no next week?

Colin Watson

Oct 2, 2020, 10:29:26 AM10/2/20
to Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray, Cornucopia Project
Max

That would be great, have a good weekend

Colin

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Oct 2, 2020, 10:32:27 AM10/2/20
to Colin Watson, Cornucopia Project