OWASP Threat dragon

Johan Sydseter

Jun 22, 2024, 4:04:58 AMJun 22
to Cornucopia Project, Toby Irvine
Hi everyone.

The OWSP Threat Dragon project has been trying for some time to link to each of the eop cards from their tool, but progress has stagnated, could this be an easy win for us?

Reason I am saying this is that I have been dreaming about this for some time.

My dream would be some form of integration between those tools. Details TBD, but what I would love is if it was possible to open OWSP Threat dragon, creat a threat model, then click on a button and link to and start a new game on copi.owasp.org, then afterwards, go back to the model and link the cards that scored to each of the applicable threats from owasp threat dragon. I know this require quite a bit of work, but I believe it would be a huge step forward for both of the tools. As we have the data for both eop and cornucopia, I believe we are in a unique position.

What do you think?

Best regards Johan Sydseter

Grant Ongers (OWASP)

Jun 22, 2024, 6:59:54 AMJun 22
to Johan Sydseter, Cornucopia Project, Toby Irvine
It is ambitious! How active are the Threat Dragon devs?

        https://twitter.com/rewtd
Grant Ongers
Co-Lead | OWASP Cornucopia Project
Co-Lead | OWASP OWASP PSCF
OWASP Compliance Officer
F164 738F 16BF FDBF F0B6 5720 C986 8AF7 5F41 97BE

johan sydseter

Jun 22, 2024, 7:14:30 AMJun 22
to Grant Ongers (OWASP), cornucopi...@owasp.org, Toby Irvine
They are at least answering the posts on Github, besides that, I don't think I would have much trouble contributing if that is the issue. They were talking about a 2.3 release and they released 2.0 last year so I think they are fairly active.

But we have quite a few things on our own backlog as well. So perhaps it would be worth trying to do this in stages and take the opportunity to prepare ourselves for the next stage as well. Would be great if we could discuss all of this in the next quarterly to lay out some plans.

Xavier Godard

Jun 25, 2024, 11:10:07 AMJun 25
to johan sydseter, Grant Ongers (OWASP), cornucopi...@owasp.org, Toby Irvine
Yes, that's definitely a great idea Johan. We could also add a threat to a threat model created in Threat Dragon from copi. There are plenty of possibilities!
Before we can do that we might need to create an actual API so that the database can be accessible from the outside world. Happy to discuss that in our next meeting.

It's definitely a great idea to create some collaboration between both projects.

Max Alejandro Gómez Sánchez Vergaray

Jun 28, 2024, 2:23:58 AMJun 28
to Johan Sydseter, Cornucopia Project, Toby Irvine
Hi guys!! I think that maybe we can use Cornucopia to identify the abuse case modeling and then execute the threat modeling.

Maybe I can show You how do I use Cornucopia and complement with the threat modeling with a other tool.