Question on good anti virus/malware detector tools before uploading file

已查看 58 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Priyanka Raghavan

未读,
2020年4月23日 07:14:242020/4/23
收件人 Bangalore chapter
Dear Gurus,

I am not sure if this is the right forum but looking for recommendations and hoping someone can help with an answer.

We are expecting upload of files in application portal. For this we need to scan the files for virus before accepting them. I am looking for recommendations for a tool which is api based and does scanning for malware/trojans etc.

Best,

Priyanka

prashant kv

未读,
2020年4月24日 05:01:192020/4/24
收件人 Priyanka Raghavan、Bangalore chapter
I think some of the AVs like Sophos have API capability. Else you can upload the file to a different server, call AV from the command line. I think all the AVs have command line scanning options.  if you use this approach then standard checks like filesize, type, name and extension should be taken care of.
if you are calling OS from programming language then filename could. be important attack vector. like system(AV, file.exe) make sure that name has. been validated before been passed to system.

good.best.guy

Marudhamaran Gunasekaran

未读,
2020年4月24日 05:01:192020/4/24
收件人 Bangalore chapter、Priyanka Raghavan
Open source virus scanner - ClamAV -  has multiple apis for php, c#, java, and many languages. You would need to have clamav installed on a machine and then use an api to invoke a scan.

If you are on Windows, then Windows Defender also has a command line interface that can be invoked for an on demand scan during your file upload https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/command-line-arguments-windows-defender-antivirus

I have worked with some teams in the past that have used a Symantec installation to run an anitmalware scan with their symantec executables.

VirusTotal also has a free public api - https://developers.virustotal.com/reference#public-vs-private-api, but their free licensing is not for commercial use.

Have you already reviewed the OWASP File Upload cheatsheet? https://cheatsheetseries.owasp.org/cheatsheets/File_Upload_Cheat_Sheet.html

Maran

--

Jayadeep Prasad

未读,
2020年4月24日 05:01:192020/4/24
收件人 Priyanka Raghavan、Bangalore chapter
Hi Priyanka,

     If your file does not contain sensitive information,then I suggest you to create hash of the file and upload the hash in the online scanners whose urls are mentioned below.

Regards,
Jayadeep

--
回复全部