Call for Data - OWASP API Top Ten 2022

Inon Shkedy

Aug 30, 2022, 12:12:59 PM8/30/22
to API Security Project
Hi,

The OWASP API Security Project team plans to build and release a new edition of the OWASP API Security Top 10 in 2022.

This is the first time we are calling for data. Unlike in 2019 when the API Security Top 10 was first published, we believe the API industry is now more mature and should be able to contribute valuable data.

Our goal is to collect as much data as possible from different vendors and organizations.
We would highly appreciate your participation.

For more information, please visit the page:

Thank you,
OWASP API Security Project Leadership

Jim Weiler

Nov 2, 2022, 6:13:38 PM11/2/22
to API Security Project, Inon Shkedy
Why only data before 2022? we don't have any logs from then.

Paulo Silva

Nov 3, 2022, 10:16:20 AM11/3/22
to Jim Weiler, API Security Project, Inon Shkedy
Hi Jim,
We're trying to depict the API security state-of-the-art since the
latest (and first) API Security Top 10 was published.

Since our goal is to release the document during 2022, it doesn't make
that much sense to use data from the first 3 or 4 months of the year
and then use the remaining data (once available) for the 2025 edition.
Of course if you think otherwise, I would love to hear from you so
that we can improve the process for future editions.

We'll be more than happy to receive your data from 2022 - 2024 when
the time comes.

Cheers,
> --

Paulo Silva

OWASP API Security Project - Project Main Maintainer
OWASP Go Secure Coding Practices Guide - Project Co-Leader