API Security Top 10 in SP (Spanish)

oscar arias

Mar 15, 2021, 5:08:11 PM3/15/21
to API Security Project
Hi Everyone,

I would like to translate the project into Spanish. Let me know what do you think about it.

Best regards,

OSCAR ARIAS

Adam Fisher

Mar 15, 2021, 5:37:53 PM3/15/21
to oscar arias, API Security Project
I believe this was done but I am willing to assist if it is needed.

Kind regards,

Adam

Adam Fisher
Principal Security Engineer
CISSP, CCSP, AWS Solutions Architect
MCA - Azure

Leonel Quinteros

Mar 15, 2021, 5:59:47 PM3/15/21
to API Security Project, API Security Project, oscar...@owasp.org
Hi Oscar and Adam,

I've started the Spanish translation issue a while ago. It's pretty advanced, but it needs help as all contributors (including me) have stopped working on it.
I think it's only missing the compilation to ODT/PDF, but another proofread (and corresponding fixes) is also welcome.

Here the PR: https://github.com/OWASP/API-Security/pull/34
Which is originated from my fork, which has been used to make progress: https://github.com/leonelquinteros/API-Security/tree/translation/es-es. (note that all work is being made in the "translation/es-es" branch)

Feel free to read comments on the issue and PR and make your contribution following that.

I believe Paulo Silva can lead the progress in OWASP behalf and be your point of contact for the project, you'll find him in the comments.

Thanks for your contribution!

Adam Fisher

Mar 15, 2021, 6:49:03 PM3/15/21
to Leonel Quinteros, API Security Project, oscar...@owasp.org
Thanks, Leonel,

I contributed to this last year and thought it was completed.  I will proofread again.  I think this was really close to being completed.

Kind regards,

Adam

Adam Fisher
Principal Security Engineer
CISSP, CCSP, AWS Solutions Architect
MCA - Azure

Paulo Silva

Mar 16, 2021, 6:53:15 AM3/16/21
to Adam Fisher, Leonel Quinteros, API Security Project, oscar...@owasp.org
Hi Folks,
I'll be happy to assist you in completing this task.

Unfortunately, by now the ODT compilation has to be performed manually (aka copy&paste from rendered Markdown).
The text may need some adjustments to fit the template, making a Spanish-speaker a best fit to complete the task.
Then, from the ODT you'll be able to compile the PDF (e.g. using LibreOffice Writer).

Cheers,

--
Paulo Silva

OWASP API Security Project - Project Main Maintainer
OWASP Go Secure Coding Practices Guide - Project Co-Leader

oscar arias

Mar 16, 2021, 7:06:43 PM3/16/21
to API Security Project, leonel.q...@gmail.com, API Security Project, oscar arias
Terrific!

I was translating files into API-Security/2019/src/, but I see that Leonel is advanced, I will finish the files part to complete Leonel's information, and I continue with the ODT.

Best regards,

OSCAR ARIAS