GraphQL API Security

Paulo Silva

Feb 16, 2021, 9:59:51 AM2/16/21
to API Security Project
Hello netlanders,
Since GraphQL is becoming more and more common, I would like to start
this thread so that we can share and discuss GraphQL security related
resources.

Last year we (API Security Project) contributed to the GraphQL cheat
sheet which was published late November. It is publicly available in
the link below:

https://cheatsheetseries.owasp.org/cheatsheets/GraphQL_Cheat_Sheet.html

Damn Vulnerable GraphQL Application (DVGA) is a GraphQL-specific
intentionally vulnerable application (aka goat) that can be used to
practice API security:

https://github.com/dolevf/Damn-Vulnerable-GraphQL-Application

What else, GraphQL-specific, do you have up your sleeve?

Cheers,
Paulo Silva

OWASP API Security Project - Project Main Maintainer
OWASP Go Secure Coding Practices Guide - Project Co-Leader

Nathan Aw

Feb 17, 2021, 12:41:58 PM2/17/21
to Paulo Silva, API Security Project
Hi Paulo,

How about GraphQL for Rust?

Thank you.

Regards,

Nathan Aw

prjam...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2021, 12:45:45 PM2/17/21
to Nathan Aw, Paulo Silva, API Security Project
Does anyone have guidance for securing aws amplify? Aws amplify does not support layer 7 WAF. Just interested in what others are doing to limit risk when using these services.

-Peter

Paulo Silva

Feb 18, 2021, 4:58:53 AM2/18/21
to Nathan Aw, API Security Project
On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 5:41 PM Nathan Aw <nathan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paulo,
>
> How about GraphQL for Rust?

I've started this thread to share/discuss GraphQL-specific security
contents and not so much GraphQL implementations.
As a security practitioner how do you keep up with
GraphQL-specific/common security issues? How do you practice?