Renaming "A3:2019 Improper Data Filtering"

Erez Yalon

Jun 12, 2019, 11:21:41 AM6/12/19
to API Security Project
Hello all,

A suggestion was raised on the issue page of our GitHub to change the name of "A3:2019 Improper Data Filtering":

We will be happy to get more thoughts about changing the name of the item to "Excessive Data Exposure".
What do you think?

Best,
Erez

abid khan

Sep 23, 2019, 5:21:53 AM9/23/19
to API Security Project
agreed on "Excessive Data Exposure" as it is more specific towards to the technical terms instead of improper data filtering.

Adam Fisher

Dec 13, 2019, 5:06:43 PM12/13/19
to API Security Project
I also like "Excessive Data Exposure".  Improper Data Filtering is one of the issues of "Excessive Data Exposure".

Raj kumar

Dec 15, 2019, 8:31:35 AM12/15/19
to API Security Project
I see the name has been changed. Technically "Excessive Data Exposure" sounds more reasonable. Because I think once the data leaves the trusted system (server), it becomes an exposure. What we do on the client side is just present it in a particular way.