OWASP MSTG Process Revisions

Bernhard Muller

Jun 13, 2016, 1:01:21 AM6/13/16
to OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org

Hi everyone,

In order re-igniting development on the MSTG - which has been stalled a bit for the last couple of months - Sven and I are going to more actively manage the development process.

First of all, from now on we’ll send a weekly status update to the list, containing a to-do list, recent changes to the guide, and other news. The goal of this is to help everyone keep track of what’s happening, and also have a weekly reminder that there’s still a lot of work to be done.

Also, I’d like to ask everyone to actively use the project plan. Most importantly, when you’ve finished authoring an item, set the status to “ready for review” and email the reviewer to trigger the review process (you can find the email addresses in the “share with…” dialog). The same applies if you are a reviewer - set the status to “Final Version” when ready. The project plan is here:

https://goo.gl/a5fVKk

Finally, I’ll also start looking at the revision history to see who is actually producing content, and mention them it in the weekly updates (at the moment, it’s only a handful of people).

You can also email me or Sven directly if there are any questions:

bern...@vantagepoint.sg

sv...@vantagepoint.sg

Greetings,

Bernhard

--

Bernhard Mueller | Principal Security Consultant

Vantage Point Security Pte. Ltd

61 Ubi Road 1 | Unit 02 08-09 | Oxley Bizhub | Singapore 408727

xys3c team

Jun 13, 2016, 2:21:21 AM6/13/16
to Bernhard Muller, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org
Hi Bernhard,

This should be really cool to track via Asana or Trello. I feel using Spreadsheet has some downside.

Will that be a good way of handling things?

Regards,

XY Security Team

"This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation. "

Bernhard Mueller

Jun 13, 2016, 3:59:18 AM6/13/16
to xys3c team, Bernhard Muller, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org

Hey,

I’m a big Trello fan myself, using it for a lot of stuff, it can become a bit unwieldly though for more complex projects. Also, doing a Google sheet was easier as we were already using Google docs. Can be tough to get 100+ users to sign up to a new system.

For now, I think it’s easier to stick with the spreadsheet even though it’s admittedly a bit old-fashioned?

From: xys3c team <secu...@xysec.com>
Date: Monday, June 13, 2016 at 2:21 PM
To: Bernhard Mueller <bern...@vantagepoint.sg>
Cc: OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks <owasp-mobile...@owasp.org>, "owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org" <owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org>
Subject: Re: [Owasp-mobile-security-project] OWASP MSTG Process Revisions

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Bernhard Muller <bern...@vantagepoint.sg> wrote:

[...]

Error! Filename not specified.

Vantage Point Security Pte. Ltd

61 Ubi Road 1 | Unit 02 08-09 | Oxley Bizhub | Singapore 408727

XY Security Team

"This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation. "

Jim Manico

Jun 13, 2016, 8:33:08 PM6/13/16
to Bernhard Mueller, xys3c team, Bernhard Muller, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org
OWASP has a trello account, the board uses it as well. FYI
Aloha, Jim

Bernhard Mueller

Jun 13, 2016, 9:18:51 PM6/13/16
to Jim Manico, xys3c team, Bernhard Muller, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org

Hi Jim,

Any chance we could get a MSTG subboard on the official OWASP account?

Greetings,

Bernhard

Jim Manico

Jun 13, 2016, 10:29:55 PM6/13/16
to Bernhard Mueller, xys3c team, Bernhard Muller, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, owasp-mobile-s...@lists.owasp.org

I am no longer on the board, can you send a request for that?

https://www.tfaforms.com/308703

Please try that first but if it goes into the void email one of the board members.

Aloha, Jim

Milan Singh

Jun 14, 2016, 7:10:42 AM6/14/16
to OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, bern...@vantagepoint.sg
Hi Team,

Sry for such a long pause. Just busy with AppSec INDIA (3rd-4th September 2016).

Will be adding content as n when possible.
I know you guys are adding great content to what I had started - MSTG :)

Keep up...!

Regards,
Milan

Gopal Gupta

Jun 14, 2016, 11:38:31 AM6/14/16
to Milan Singh, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, bern...@vantagepoint.sg
Hi,

Just found that I cannot access the doc. Let me know where can I provide feedback/review comments?

Best Regards,
Gopal Gupta

Er Pragati Singh (IBM)

Jun 15, 2016, 12:06:36 AM6/15/16
to Gopal Gupta, Milan Singh, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, Bernhard Muller
Hi Team,

Sry for such a long pause. Just busy with AppSec INDIA (3rd-4th September 2016).

Will be adding content as n when possible.
I know you guys are adding great content to what I had started - MSTG :)

Keep up...!
Best Regards,
Pragati
--

For any further concerns or communication Kindly feel free to touch base on the following contact details.

Have a great day!

Thanks & Regards
  Pragati Singh
 OWASP Global Foundation
 LinkedIn :-https://linkedin.com/in/erpragatisingh
    Developing Microsoft Azure and Web Services

 " Positive communication makes difference.  It may not guarantee success, but helps to achieve it. "

                   "Print this mail only if absolutely necessary. Save Paper. Save Trees."