Mobile Security Workshop at OWASP Summit 2017

Sven Schleier

Apr 4, 2017, 8:53:28 AM4/4/17
to owasp-mobile...@owasp.org

Hi all,

During the last few months the Mobile Security Testing Guide has made huge steps forward and several parts of the MSTG have now already a draft version. Please have a look at the GitBook  https://b-mueller.gitbooks.io/owasp-mobile-security-testing-guide/content/ and the GitHub repo https://github.com/OWASP/owasp-mstg.

As we want to push things forward in order to have a first draft at the end of Q2, Bernhard and me will be making a mobile security workshop during the OWASP Summit in London, from 12-16 June 2017. (http://owaspsummit.org/)

The main goals of the 5 day workshop (http://owaspsummit.org/Working-Sessions/Mobile-Security.html) is to:

  • Close all existing open issues in our GitHub project,
  • enhance the overall quality through QA of the existing content.
As preparation for the workshop, a GitHub project was created (https://github.com/OWASP/owasp-mstg/projects/1) and issues have been created for all missing parts in the document. Thanks again to Romuald, who took the initiative. This project will be the basis for our ongoing work, but also for the OWASP Summit in particular.

In order to be able to schedule work during the summit and create working groups we need to know who will be attending the OWASP Summit and how much time you can/will spend for the mobile workshop. Please reach out directly to me via Slack, or just reply to this mail directly. See here on how to contact me via slack https://github.com/OWASP/owasp-mstg#contributions-feature-requests-and-feedback.

If you do not have time during the summit but are interested to help, you can start immediately by assigning issues to yourself and creating pull requests. We can potentially also loop you in remotely during the submit.

Let's work on the testing guide and fix mobile application security!

Cheers,

Sven

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino

Sep 20, 2017, 2:56:56 AM9/20/17
to OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks
Hi Sven,

It appears that the Gitbook URL pointed to in this email is no longer current (gives 404). Github points to https://b-mueller.gitbooks.io/the-owasp-mobile-security-testing-guide/content/ which works OK.

Just wanted to point this out in case others, like me, stumble upon this post and end up in s 404.

Best regards

Javier

Murtaza Shahid

May 2, 2018, 6:32:31 PM5/2/18
to OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks

Hey security experts,
I just joined this grou due to my need for a trending topic that might help me in my semester project as well as in my Mphil Thesis. I am not a programming guy and recently I have gained some interest in software security practices.
Can someone help?

Adam O'Brien

May 3, 2018, 4:21:17 AM5/3/18
to Murtaza Shahid, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks
I'd be happy to help and I'm sure other would too. The best start would probably be to read the Mobile Top 10 risks carefully, then come back with specific questions.
Adam

Murtaza Shahid

Milan Singh Thakur

May 31, 2018, 8:46:43 AM5/31/18
to Murtaza Shahid, Adam O'Brien, OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks
Let us know :)