Reset your LinkedIn password

LinkedIn Security

May 19, 2016, 6:44:06 PM5/19/16
to Amit Lavi
We've recently noticed a potential risk to your LinkedIn account coming from outside LinkedIn. Just to be safe, you'll need to reset your password the next time you log in.
LinkedIn Amit Lavi
Hi Amit,
To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on LinkedIn, we're regularly monitoring our site and the Internet to keep your account information safe.
We've recently noticed a potential risk to your LinkedIn account coming from outside LinkedIn and we have taken actions to protect your account. You'll need to reset your password the next time you sign in.
If you would like to change your password now, follow these steps:
  1. Visit LinkedIn's website or mobile app.
  2. If you are currently logged in, please log out.
  3. Sign in and follow the instructions to choose a new password.
Thanks for helping us keep your account safe,
The LinkedIn Team

This email was intended for Amit Lavi (VP Product Management at AppDome). Learn why we included this.

LinkedIn

© 2016 LinkedIn Ireland, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2. LinkedIn is a registered business name of LinkedIn Ireland. LinkedIn and the LinkedIn logo are registered trademarks of LinkedIn.

prachi...@gmail.com

May 21, 2016, 2:44:58 AM5/21/16
to OWASP Mobile Top 10 Risks, security...@linkedin.com
There has been a data breach on LinkedIn where 167 million credentials have been stolen and traded on a website marketplace by a user with the nickname ‘peace_of_mind’. The SQL injection method was used to obtain the LinkedIn credentials.