Tools for new security testers?

Siren Hofvander

Jan 24, 2015, 12:13:41 PM1/24/15
to owasp-mobile...@owasp.org
Hi,

I am giving a presentation on mobile security risks for green testers and am wondering if anyone knows about any good tools for new testers to use to begin security testing of mobile applications?

Thanks for any help

Siren

Jason H

Jan 24, 2015, 4:02:22 PM1/24/15
to Siren Hofvander, owasp-mobile...@owasp.org
For iOS I'm a fan of idb ,  it's really lends itself to newcomers looking to explore security issues in iOS apps.

- Jason Haddix
Director of Penetration Testing
http://vizualize.me/jhaddix

Jim Manico

Jan 24, 2015, 4:10:24 PM1/24/15
to Jason H, Siren Hofvander, owasp-mobile...@owasp.org
Here is a good cheat sheet from OWASP on the topic...

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

Daniel Miessler

Jan 24, 2015, 4:18:26 PM1/24/15
to Siren Hofvander, owasp-mobile...@owasp.org
 idb.

Daniel

Jason H

Jan 24, 2015, 4:22:47 PM1/24/15
to Daniel Miessler, Siren Hofvander, owasp-mobile...@owasp.org
Getting comfortable with adb and android is where you want to start with there, then move to drozer for security analysis of some of the more obscure issues.