Tool-name: API FUZZ

Testing

Jul 15, 2020, 3:49:44 PM7/15/20
to API Security Project

I have installed API Fuzzer two time but it gives me the Following error in kali-Linux.

ERROR:  Error installing bundler: The last version of bundler (>= 0) to support your Ruby & RubyGems was 1.17.3. Try installing it with `gem install bundler -v 1.17.3`bundler requires Ruby version >= 2.3.0. The current ruby version is 2.2.0.

Tim Jarzombek

Jul 15, 2020, 4:25:09 PM7/15/20
to API Security Project, testing...@gmail.com
Can you post additional details on what you're installing? I found one project on GitHub (https://github.com/Fuzzapi/API-fuzzer) that hasn't been updated in three years (July 15, 2017).

Looking at the error message, it looks like a ruby version upgrade is needed. Kali should have 2.7 if this page is right:  https://pkg.kali.org/pkg/ruby-defaults

Adam Fisher

Jul 15, 2020, 4:34:30 PM7/15/20
to Testing, API Security Project
Have you followed this guide:  https://github.com/Fuzzapi/fuzzapi/issues/73

This is what I followed, and it works for me.  However, overall I have not found this application useful for testing APIs.

image.png

Kind regards,

Adam

Adam Fisher
Principal Security Engineer
CISSP, CCSP, AWS Solutions Architect
MCA - Azure

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 1:49 PM Testing <testing...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have installed API Fuzzer two time but it gives me the Following error in kali-Linux.

ERROR:  Error installing bundler: The last version of bundler (>= 0) to support your Ruby & RubyGems was 1.17.3. Try installing it with `gem install bundler -v 1.17.3`bundler requires Ruby version >= 2.3.0. The current ruby version is 2.2.0.

Mukul Kantiwal

Jul 15, 2020, 4:35:29 PM7/15/20
to API Security Project
Just a suggestion from my side.
Try using fuzzapi available at https://github.com/Fuzzapi/fuzzapi
And instead of installing it yourself, try to use the docker container. Instructions are already available at github there.

Testing

Jul 16, 2020, 1:22:42 AM7/16/20
to API Security Project, mukk...@gmail.com
I have installed it in docker only bro...

Testing

Jul 16, 2020, 1:34:20 AM7/16/20
to API Security Project, Tim Jarzombek, Testing
I will try to update and let you know.
Thanks

Isabelle Mauny

Sep 9, 2020, 5:57:32 PM9/9/20
to API Security Project, testing...@gmail.com, Tim Jarzombek
Hello,

I know this is a quite old thread, but there is another tool you might be interested to check that was open sourced by Yelp

It is recent, actively maintained, and allows to test for BOLA/IDOR vulnerabilities.

Cheers,
Isabelle.

erez....@owasp.org

Sep 12, 2020, 7:52:43 AM9/12/20