ISCSI Service

Parker Seney

Aug 10, 2021, 9:01:17 AM8/10/21
to OviOS Linux
Hi, I have set my option 'iscsi.enable' to on and the iscsi services starts at boot. however it appears that my LUNs do not get properly mapped at boot with this option enabled and I must run 'iscsi reload' from the shell to get my LUNs to map properly.
I have been messing with some crontabs trying to get a working solution to perform this reload command say 10 seconds after boot but have had no success.

If anybody knows a solution to why my LUNs do not map properly at boot or have a solution to run a iscsi reload command via cron I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

OviOS

Aug 10, 2021, 11:33:11 AM8/10/21
to OviOS Linux, pse...@gmail.com
  hi,

thanks for reporting this,
the issue was a regression from a previous fix related to smb.
here are the patches:

apply the patches and finally remove the symlink to S25zfs

patch /etc/rc.d/init.d/zfs-admin < ovios_zfs-admin.patch
patch /etc/rc.d/init.d/services < ovios_services.patch
rm /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S25zfs

Parker Seney

Aug 10, 2021, 5:56:07 PM8/10/21
to OviOS Linux, OviOS, Parker Seney
Happy to report the provided solution resolved my issue.
I did have to add the --ignore-whitespace parameter to get the patch to go through.

Incredibly happy with your quick turn around in fixing my problem, 10/10 service.