Upgrade from the previous version?

drbo...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2019, 1:33:26 AM1/14/19
to OviOS Linux
Hi,

Just wonder if there is any recommended way to upgrade from an old version of Ovios to the most recent one?

I've noticed there is the guidance how to backup Ovios configs then restoring them to the new instance. It technically should work for the upgrade too, but wonder if there is another more "correct" way of doing upgrade.

Cheers,
Alex

OviOS

Jan 20, 2019, 5:43:36 PM1/20/19
to OviOS Linux
One way is to back-up as described in the Guide, install new version, restore. That should indeed work.

Another way we are testing now is a package by package update, like a rolling release.
stay tuned for updates on that