smb_export's are not persisted between reboots

Marcin Grinberg

Feb 6, 2021, 6:39:13 PM2/6/21
to OviOS Linux
Hi guys,

Is it just me or is this expected behavior?

Every time after a reboot /var/lib/samba/usershares/ folder is empty I have no idea why, all other configuration seems to persist no problem.
I can restore from backup but I don't believe this should work like that. I was looking through the system bash scripts, logs and wasn't able to find anything obvious. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marcin

OviOS

Mar 11, 2021, 11:46:01 AM3/11/21
to OviOS Linux, marcin....@gmail.com
did you enable smb to start at reboot?
We haven't seen this behaviour yet

OviOS

Mar 18, 2021, 11:39:23 AM3/18/21
to OviOS Linux, OviOS, marcin....@gmail.com
This is caused by the fact that the pools are imported before smb starts. This is easy to fix manually, before I push an update in the next release.
to fix simply follow these steps:

1. drop to bash
ovios-shell> linuxcmd
Dropping to the Linux bash shell...
ovios-indt:~ #

2. remove the current link that in rc3
ovios-indt:~ # rm /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S22zfs

3. recreate the link with a new priority:
ln -s  ../init.d/zfs-admin /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S25zfs

At next start up the services will start before the pool is imported and the shares will be automatically recreated.