Shannon PCIe Driver

Jacques de Jager

Mar 20, 2022, 3:39:23 AM3/20/22
to OviOS Linux
Hi All

I need to compile in a driver for Shannon PCIe Flash Storage.

Is the linux headers and build tools included in OviOS ?

Or how do you normally tackle this 3de party driver requests ?

Many Thanks

OviOS

Mar 21, 2022, 7:50:12 AM3/21/22
to OviOS Linux, dejager...@gmail.com
hi,

the linux api headers and build tools are installed in OviOS already. Example of how to build packages:

You can also send me the details (version, source code etc ) and I can build it and publish it for you to download and try it out

Jacques de Jager

Mar 21, 2022, 8:02:37 AM3/21/22
to OviOS Linux, OviOS, Jacques de Jager
Hello OviOS Team

Thank you for the quick response, this is a specific driver for Shannon PCIe NVMe drive.

I include the source drive package for review, I dont mind also trying it, because it is storage, would like the OviOS team to also review, you understand your build process better than me :)

Please see and let me know your input.

I compiled this already under Ubuntu 20.04 and debian 9 - all using linux kernel 5.4.x

Many Thanks