Hostname change

hasan akgöz

Jun 23, 2021, 3:14:28 PM6/23/21
to OviOS Linux

So, What I'm trying to do is simply change the hostname permanently. I can update the hostname (via hostname command ) but when a reboot is issued the original hostname is used!

I'm aware there is a file hostname located at: /etc/hostname. I update this file and issue a reboot, however the hostname is back to the previous setting!

What I've tried:

  1. Updating /etc/hosts file newhostname
  2. Updating hosts file - 127.0.0.1 newhostname
  3. reboot

I've also tried with sudo user and root!

Why is this happening?!

Thanks for any advice or suggestions, I feel like I've tried every other solution with no avail.

OviOS

Jun 23, 2021, 4:34:21 PM6/23/21
to OviOS Linux, hasan...@gmail.com

hasan akgöz

Jun 28, 2021, 1:48:28 AM6/28/21
to OviOS Linux, OviOS, hasan akgöz
Hi Ovi,
Thank you for your quick answer. it's works.