Ovios - update to 3.10

Márcio Martins

Dec 26, 2020, 6:50:12 PM12/26/20
to OviOS Linux

Are there any ways to upgrade to the new version or just reinstall the system?

 If I reinstall, how do I make the pool that was created work?

 I have this doubt, if the hd that contains the problem ovios and I put another hd and install the system again, how do I rescue pool?, In this example I have 2 hd in RAID1 with data

 thankful

Ovi Chis

Dec 28, 2020, 10:28:56 PM12/28/20
to OviOS Linux, Márcio Martins
if you upgrade the existing pools will work just fine after
here are the tips:
1. OviOS uses a unique host id to import pools. After the upgrade use the option command to force import  the first time you import the pools. You can disable this after the first import.
options force.import on / off
2. before the upgrade use a pool as a backup destination and backup your config
This describes what you should do:

3. use the  ovios_restore command to reconfigure your pools and LUNs.

is that easy