Installing OviOS on HP DL380e Gen.8 - can't boot installer.

hata...@gmail.com

May 28, 2020, 2:19:03 AM5/28/20
to OviOS Linux
Hi, all. I'm new to Linux, but interested in OviOS.
Trying to install OviOS on HP DL380e Gen.8 server, I have problem at the very start of the process - cannot boot installer from virtual media, nor from usb flash created using Rufus.

Console messages:
Trying ***** (sda1, sdd3)  ...
Mount devices and reading id_label. Expecting ID OVIOS

After multiple lines have this message:
FATAL: Boot medium not found.
sh: can't access tty:job control turned off
/ #

No reaction then. Flash and virtual media from iLO console was in that list. Can anyone give me some clue what's wrong?

Kamil Kordas

May 18, 2022, 1:55:56 AM5/18/22
to OviOS Linux, hata...@gmail.com
Hello,
I have the same problem on a fujitsu server. Trying to install OviOS via iRMC ends with the same error.
Have you solved the problem?

Dhevan Kumar

Nov 9, 2022, 12:38:14 AM11/9/22
to OviOS Linux, kkor...@gmail.com, hata...@gmail.com
Hi All,

Same problem for DELL IDRAC R630 server .  Trying via IDARC console