New and need help on INSTALLING OviOS Linux on my PC

Archit Sasta

Aug 22, 2020, 10:23:19 PM8/22/20
to OviOS Linux
Hi,
I have been using ubuntu and also mac as well as windows 10 most of my life but recently came to know about OviOS Linux and i am very intrested. Right now i will flash the given ISO from Ovi's official website but how will things work when i start booting it? will it ask me to run any command or is it easy to install? any password or etc? let me know

Thanks

OviOS

Aug 27, 2020, 12:32:25 PM8/27/20
to OviOS Linux, archit...@gmail.com
hi,

thanks for the interest
1. oviOS is NOT a desktop system. It is a storage OS, designed for servers
If you install it on a disk, it will wipe the entire disk and install itself

2. Go through the documentation on the website first to get an idea of what oviOS is all about

Installation guide: