How-to change locales ?

jeremiel...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2018, 9:35:44 AM2/21/18
to OviOS Linux
Heya,

I'm testing ovios in my company to see if it suits to our needs. I changed the /etc/locale adding my language, then ran a locale-gen, export my LANG var in the root's .bash_profile, rebooted, but always in posix language ......

Any idea

?

sone...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2018, 7:38:21 PM2/22/18
to OviOS Linux
hi,

by default only EN US is installed.
First install your language, assuming FR:
# localedef -i fr_FR -f UTF-8 fr_FR.UTF-8

Then, edit /etc/locales
and add something like:
fr_FR.ISO-8859-1 ISO-8859-1
fr_FR.UTF-8 UTF-8

third, run locale-gen.

last, edit /etc/profile and export LANG in this file. (not .bash_profile)
export LANG=fr_FR.ISO-8859-15

WARNING: ovios-shell doesn't work with a non POSIX language by default, so you must run this before :
sed -i '20i unset LANG' /usr/bin/os

this unsets the LANG variable in the ovios shell.

sonekken

Feb 22, 2018, 7:45:48 PM2/22/18
to OviOS Linux
in my example you probbaly want to run:
# localedef -i fr_FR -f ISO-8859-15 fr_FR.ISO-8859-15