Longer Zoom meetings?

Gord Hunter

Feb 27, 2023, 3:36:21 PM2/27/23
to ClubNet
By chance as one of the services to clubs does Orienteering USA have a Zoom account that can host longer than 40 minute meetings for its member clubs and if not would it not be a good idea to have one?
Gord Hunter
Suncoast Orienteering
(asking for a friend)

Badger Orienteering Club

Feb 27, 2023, 3:45:27 PM2/27/23
to Gord Hunter, ClubNet
Excellent idea. BGR would use it once a year.

Joseph Huberman

Feb 27, 2023, 3:55:51 PM2/27/23
to Badger Orienteering Club, Gord Hunter, ClubNet
Great idea I will bring it up at the informal board call tonight.

OUSA has Google Meet etc. so I will see if or how club use would be possible with our current subscription

Clare Durand

Feb 27, 2023, 4:16:22 PM2/27/23
to Joseph Huberman, Badger Orienteering Club, Gord Hunter, ClubNet
We could probably give clubs a club gmail account under the ousa domain and then they could set up meetings in Google Meet.

RWorner LKohn

Feb 28, 2023, 1:34:30 AM2/28/23
to clare...@gmail.com, Joseph Huberman, Badger Orienteering Club, Gord Hunter, ClubNet
Google Meets also offers closed captioning for those of us with poor hearing.

Rick Worner

Maija Pratt

Mar 1, 2023, 9:22:05 AM3/1/23
to ClubNet, worne...@gmail.com, joseph....@gmail.com, Badger Orienteering Club, gor...@rogers.com, ClubNet, clare...@gmail.com
For Zoom, even when you get kicked out after 40 mins, you can log straight back in. So you need to warn people that this will happen but you'll carry on the meeting, once everyone logs back in using the same link.

Blaik Mathews

Mar 1, 2023, 9:23:57 AM3/1/23
to Maija Pratt, ClubNet, worne...@gmail.com, joseph....@gmail.com, Badger Orienteering Club, gor...@rogers.com, clare...@gmail.com
You log back in using the same link?  Don't have to have a new meeting set up?  And then the clock resets for another 40 minutes?

-- Blaik

Maija Pratt

Mar 1, 2023, 9:26:05 AM3/1/23
to Blaik Mathews, ClubNet, worne...@gmail.com, joseph....@gmail.com, Badger Orienteering Club, gor...@rogers.com, clare...@gmail.com
No, it surprised me too! You don't even need to set up a new meeting - you can use exactly the same log in information.
--
Maija Pratt Rojas
Chief of Staff

116 Henry Street