2023 Wilson Community Growth Grant

Clinton Morse

Jan 24, 2023, 6:54:28 PM1/24/23
to ClubNet
So many of you are deeply dedicated to growing youth involvement in Orienteering. We know the critical role that these same youngsters have in spreading the word and inspiring their peers. That’s why we created the Wilson Community Growth Grant. The grant provides $1,000 to projects and organizations dedicated to growing youth Orienteering.

Some projects yield quick returns like last year's recipient, Troup 4090 of Washington State, bringing orienteering to the youth of San Juan Island, somewhat isolated from regular orienteering events by a 1 hour ferry ride. Other projects yield steady dividends over time like 2017 winner Navigation Games who have built a very successful non-profit educational program in the Boston area and shared the results of their work both nationally at PE teacher conferences and internationally at IOF Conferences.

Does your club or organization have a program that seeks to develop youth orienteering that could use a boost from a $1000 grant? Get your applications in soon, the 2023 Community Growth Grant applications close February 1st.

Clinton Morse
National Communications Manager