Clubs can apply to use OUSA's Workspace

Joseph Huberman

Mar 2, 2023, 2:17:32 PM3/2/23
to ClubNet
Thanks to a suggestion from Gord H. we have some good news. Clubs may now select a member to request an OUSA Google account so they can use Google Workspace (formerly G-suite) products like Meet, Drive, Docs, Sheets and more.

The OUSA's non-profit account has a limit of 100 people in a meeting, and the Workspace can only be used for Orienteering business. (Not for anyone's personal or for-profit business use.) Here you can see the  Google Workspace for non-profit features and limitations.

If you think this will be useful for your club, then you should select someone to hold the OUSA Workspace account and fill out this request form so you can get started. We will start processing the requests on the ides of March. (No, seriously, Jordan our Workspace Admin is off the internet until about then.)

To have full control of your own Workspace your club needs to be a 501(c)(3) corporation, meet Google's eligibility requirements and apply to Google for a free non-profit Workspace. Then you can issue accounts to any of your members so they can use all the features.

Joseph

OUSA BOD, VP Club Services
Joseph Huberman
OUSA Board, VP Club Services