California Orienteering Festival This Summer

Stephanie Maclean

Jan 19, 2023, 3:22:29 PM1/19/23
to ClubNet

Hello US Orienteering Clubs,

I know many of you are already registered and looking forward to the upcoming California Orienteering Festival this July 17- 30th. 8 NREs, 2 Championships and the World ROGAINING Championships are included!

Having met some interested orienteers last weekend who did not know about the festival, BAOC would really appreciate your clubs help to spread the word to your club members.

I have attached a note below which we emailed to our club members with the highlights which you are welcome to use.

Other information resources are:

The website www.cal-o-fest.com

Attackpoint,

Facebook page : www.facebook.com/calofest

Instagram page : https://www.instagram.com/calorienteeringfest

Please let me know if you have ideas, questions or need more info about the event.

Stephanie Maclean

CalOFest Steering Committee

---------------------------

Hello BAOC,

Our club will be holding the California Orienteering Festival in July this year. 10 days of high quality events - 3 days  in the Bay Area and then 7 up in the Lake Tahoe Area.

The festival will take place July17th -30th

Highlights include:

  • 3 Bay Area National Ranking Events - San Francisco Presidio, Golden Gate Park and Morgan Territory.
  • The North American Orienteering Championships - A 4 day biennial event l which will attract high quality international competition.
  • 2 more National Ranking events up in the Lake Tahoe area . If you have not tried it - Lake Tahoe has super maps for orienteering with less severe climb than bay area maps.
  • 2023 World Rogaining Championships - this is a big deal and will attract a lot of international competitors. However everyone can participate and there is a fun 4HR race in addition to the classic 24HR race.

Every day (except the club relay and WRC) will have both competitive races and recreational courses and are open to the public.

Entries are open - prices increase on March 2nd. All the details are on the CalOFest Website

We hope for everyone will sign up and participate in this exciting festival.

We would love to answer any questions you may have - in...@calofest.com or reply to this email.