Dylan Poe - Board of Directors Candidate Statement

Clinton Morse

Sep 29, 2022, 7:07:55 AM9/29/22
to ClubNet
One of the agenda items for tonight's Orienteering USA Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be the election of candidates to fill four open seats on the OUSA Board of Directors. Running for re-election to another 3 year term are Jon Torrance (QOC), Joseph Huberman (BOK) & Tori Campbell (NEOC). The fourth seat is being vacated by Clai Gardner (LSOC) who is stepping down from the board after many years of service to Orienteering USA. We thank Clai for his service to the organization.
Dylan Poe from Orienteering Cincinnati has put himself forward as a candidate for the open board seat. We are sharing Dylan's candidate statement with you here since the voting will take place later today.
"Dylan Poe – 23, OCIN
I was introduced to orienteering in 2012 during my eighth-grade science class. Not long after, I was competing in OCIN’s junior orienteering league (TROL) and traveling to national meets across the country. I was on the Junior National Team for three years. There I was introduced and learned about orienteering on an international level. More recently, I am learning about other aspects of orienteering, including course setting, map making and coaching. Orienteering gives me numerous physical and technical challenges, and I enjoy learning about those challenges as I discover new aspects of this sport.
I volunteer often at OCIN events wherever I can help. I frequently help with event set up and clean up, as well as download along with anything else I can do. As a board member, I hope I can bring a different perspective. I've enjoyed and benefited from the experiences that orienteering has given me, and I want to start to give back to the sport. I would be honored to serve as a member of the board and will help in any way that I can."
Details on the AGM can be found on the OUSA Website: https://orienteeringusa.org/2022/06/virtual-agm-2022/

Clinton Morse
National Communications Manager