July Update

Eric Tilleman

Jul 1, 2024, 12:16:43 PMJul 1
to AG ED General Group

July

            5-Chapter Report – Montana FFA Reporter Grace Mosher at:

ffag...@gmail.com

             26-3 – Montana State Fair – Website

Project Show, Nursery/Landscaping, Soils, Livestock, Range, New Horizons Speaking contest

Job Openings 2024-25 School Year

·         Wolf Point

·         Lockwood

·         Miles City

·         Grass Range

·         Colstrip

·         Custer

·         Lodge Grass

·         Broadview

·         Plevna

·         Turner

·         Forsyth

·         Circle

·         Opheim

Montana Ag Ed Calendars Available

Please click the link if you would like your planner before DLS

Montana CASE Small Engines Workshop CANCELLED-

Due to the lack of interest and timing, we will be cancelling the Montana CASE Small engines workshop for Aug.  We will try again next year.  Let me know if another time works better than others.

Woodworking safety workshop

OPI is offering a workshop in Great Falls to help teachers become more confident and comfortable working in a woodworking environment.  This workshop will go over how to teach proper safety with woodworking tools, proper use and maintenance aspects of the tools.  Please let me know if you would like to attend this fall.  This course will be free, but you will be responsible for meals and housing.

Possible dates: (Please vote)

1)    Aug 5-7

2)    Aug 6-8

3)    Aug 7-9

National Center for Construction Education & Research looking for teachers to help!

The NCCER is working with the Council and National FFA to build Ag Credentials through their systems.  NCCER has reached out and is asking for any teachers you think would be willing to help review the following areas for Credentials in Agriculture: (Looking for 20-25 teachers for each area)

Ag Safety

Ag Equipment Safety

Ag Welding

Please let me know if you have any people in mind who could serve as experts or if you would like to be part of this project.  The main task would be to look for language which could be changed or pictures to match Agriculture from their existing courses.  They are looking to do a full roll out by this winter with implementation by January.

Advancing Agriculture Grant

The application process for Advancing Ag-Ed is now available on MAgNet 2.0. This money can be requested once per biennium (July 2023-June 2025), the deadline to apply for the current biennium is MARCH 15, 2025.  Click here for more information

The National Quality Program Standards Survey is on ffa.org under the Dashboard tab, click on Teacher/Advisor and if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can find the button for links up.  Click Here

The National Quality Program Standards Survey should be done with one community/alumni member, an administrator and yourself.  This will help to give a full evaluation of your program.

Only 15 schools have applied this cycle.

Modernized National Career Clusters Draft Framework – Feedback Needed

On June 6, Advance CTE shared the new modernized National Career Clusters Framework with the Career Technical Education (CTE) community.

The next critical step to this work is for agriculture educators, administrators, agricultural education leaders and agricultural industry representatives to provide feedback for changes to the draft framework through a national survey  by July 7. Visit the website to view the Framework, the survey questions, the supportive documentation, and to watch the June 6 webinar and complete the survey.

Teacher Resources:

Educators are often seeking grant funding to help support their horticulture and garden programs in schools and youth programs. Below are links to grants for K-12 educators that may meet your needs.  Contact each organization for more information.

https://www.seedyourfuture.org/educator_grants

Montana Ag in the Classroom New Website

https://montana.agclassroom.org/

“The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” Oscar Wilde