[RFC] StableHLO v1.0 Opset Deprecations & Cleanups

Kevin Gleason

May 6, 2024, 12:00:08 PMMay 6
to OpenXLA Discuss

Hi everyone!

As mentioned in my previous OpenXLA Discuss post “Stablehlo v1.0 Release (coming soon)” there are a few final opset deprecations we want to make before long-term compatibility sets in. I have shared full details on proposed deprecations in RFC openxla/stablehlo#2283.

From a high level the proposal is:

  • Remove CreateTokenOp, TraceOp, BroadcastOp, DotOp, UnaryEinsumOp, RealDynamicSliceOp.

  • Enhance DynamicSliceOp.

  • Move CrossReplicaSumOp to CHLO.

  • Hopefully remove/move to CHLO (need feedback) MapOp, RngOp, EinsumOp, TorchIndexSelectOp.

Again full rationale and details are in the RFC PR. Please leave any op-specific feedback on the PR as well!

Best,

Kevin