Update for math for visual/design coaches!

rac...@opentechschool.org

Nov 11, 2012, 5:35:45 PM11/11/12
to coaches...@opentechschool.org
Hi Potential Math Coaches:)

we met at the OTS microhackday and have made a tentative plan for the workshop which we hope will take place on Dec. 15th or Dec. 8th
depending on available space

the idea is to put together about 10 to 12 pages of instruction for a 2-3hr. OTS Math for Visuals and Design beginner workshop.
Generally how OTS workshop work is that attendees follow along with a set worksheet/instruction and when they have questions they ask the coaches.

We are planning to start with the very fundamentals, pixels/points, lines, circles etc. dimensions, fractals, motion-- these kinds of topics.

We are using some books on processing (http://processing.org/) as reference as that is likely as good a starting point as any for people-- using processing-- to visualize math

we are referencing the books:
Learning Processing
Generative Art
Getting Started with Processing
Essential Mathematics for Games and Interactive Applications

We are also hoping to find a speaker or two to demonstrate a bit of generative design to show
what kinds of things you can do with a little bit of math knowledge and an interest in visuals. This would take up
15-30 minutes at the beginning of the workshop.

This beginner workshop will be based around Processing but obviously these fundamentals can be used in any other context and non-processing environment.

The next meeting will take place in two weeks at the OTS micro hack day 25th Nov at 2pm

if you're interested to contribute to the workshop material and/or would like to be a coach at the event, please come by then!

cheers,
rachel

rac...@opentechschool.org

Nov 23, 2012, 11:16:16 AM11/23/12
to coaches...@opentechschool.org
Hi All Math for Visuals/3D coaches,

if you're interested to influence the content of the upcoming math for visuals/3D course(Dec.15th), please join us tomorrow at microhackday!

hope to see ya there!
cheers,
rachel