math coach

Yana Boeva

Oct 4, 2012, 7:17:14 AM10/4/12
to coaches...@opentechschool.org
hi there,
so i would like to propose myself as a maths coach. i have solid math foundations from high school and university. and have tutored a bit some years ago.
what would be great is an overview of the curriculum you want to cover, cause i will need some time to prepare myself, re-read, etc. etc.
and i want be available till mid of november for any workshops.

Rachel Elizabeth

Oct 4, 2012, 3:12:34 PM10/4/12
to Yana Boeva, coaches...@opentechschool.org
Ciao Yana,

this is great news, thanks for offering!
We have yet to plan any curriculum, but what I would be interested in at the beginning would be talking about mathematics of
geometrical shapes and how to generate them programatically. Something about fractals could be interesting. But of course, all this
is up for discussion.

With Processing meet ups for example, I would imagine there would be discussions about programming in Java and in this way, with even the same material
a better discussion for our purposes would be about the mathematics of formulas used to derive the objects, rather than speaking about the programming language itself, if that makes sense.

Anyway, a first meetup would hopefully be planned for the middle of November so thats perfect:)

Thanks again for being in touch and if you know of anyone else, please send 'em our way!

cheers,
Rachel