Call for Designs! Your OTS-Design on a shirt!

1 view

Stefan Hoth [OTS]

Jan 8, 2013, 7:02:18 AM1/8/13
to Stefan Hoth [OTS]
Dear OTS folks,

as Ben already announce we will have a party on Saturday to celebrate: US! We want to come together and thank each other for an amazing year 2012. Without the countless hours each and everyone put into the "idea OpenTechSchool" we wouldn't have accomplished what we did. You ROCK and we should celebrate that accordingly!

In order to have some great activities for fun and pleasure (hehe) I suggested we could print our own T-Shirts (finally!). I just need an inkjet printer, special paper and an iron - all of which I can provide. BUT: I need something to print on it!

So everyone who is fit in creating vector graphics is invited to go crazy... well,not that crazy as the following best practice rules apply:
  • file format should be SVG or EPS (scales without quality loss)
  • I will bring foils for light and dark clothes
  • Please be easy on gradients etc as the probably won't work that good on this paper. Photos won't either I think.
  • Best results are with areas of plain colors.
  • Since you have to use scissors to cut out your object of desire you have to arrange the objects so the outline is easy to cut. Avoid difficult shapes like letters or symbols, better place a box or circle around them.
  • Also try to avoid the idea of holes in the sample. I can bring a cutter knife to cut out stuff (like the inner circle of an O) but I never tried how well such a sample takes the ironing afterwards.
Ok, enough rules and guidelines. Hope you can still live out your creativity.

To get you started please check the downloads at the end of the style guide: http://www.opentechschool.org/handbooks/styles.html

Cheers and looking forward to PARTEYYY with you.

Stefan