Looking for coaches on MaketechX-Conference, Berlin

Benjamin Kampmann

Oct 21, 2013, 4:36:07 AM10/21/13
to Python Coaches, Arduino Coaches
Hey Python and Arduino Coaches,

there'll be the MaketechX-Conference in Berlin November 8-9th for the first time ever. And aside from being part of a Fireside chat to talk about OTS, we'd also like to host two micro-workshops on Arduino and Python (total beginners each) to give them an idea, what our work looks and feels like.

In order to be able to host these up to ten people each I am looking for another two to three coaches per workshop to help me out. Both workshops will be run on Saturday, with the option for us to have another on Friday. As a perk I can offer you a free ticket for you to enjoy the whole conference. You can find all details here.

If you are tempted, but would rather help Giorgia in London at Flossie, please do so first. Otherwise, come join me.

Thanks for reading this far
Ben

--
Core Team Member, Berlin - www.OpenTechSchool.org

Did you know, all our Learning Material is online and Open Source for everyone to use? Check it out here: http://www.opentechschool.org/material.html

alessandro contini

Oct 21, 2013, 4:42:53 AM10/21/13
to coaches...@opentechschool.org, Python Coaches
I'm in for the Arduino workshop.
How many coaches do we need?

Ale

--

// ALESSANDRO CONTINI

// skype: alessandro_contini
// twitter: @CNTLSN

Ramin Soleymani

Oct 21, 2013, 5:10:37 AM10/21/13
to coaches...@opentechschool.org
I could coach arduino as well,

cya,
Ra

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Benjamin Kampmann <b...@opentechschool.org> wrote:

Benjamin Kampmann

Oct 21, 2013, 6:41:23 AM10/21/13
to Arduino Coaches
Well, that was quick. Having the two of you as coaches and me in the loop should be sufficient. Though it wouldn't hurt to have another person joining us, I image.

@Ramin, Alessandro: they'll be buying fritzing kits for us. Which one do we want? Shall I tell them to get us this cool creator kit with robots in it?

Wohoo.
Ben

Ramin Soleymani

Oct 21, 2013, 12:19:57 PM10/21/13
to coaches...@opentechschool.org
hehe the cool robot kit would be cool, but I'm afraid for only 3 hours this might be a little bit overwhelming, but the starter kit is flying around everywhere and maybe we can use the robot kit to make the introduction to arduino still step by step and at the end they have a cool robot. Ale what do you think?

Benjamin Kampmann

Oct 21, 2013, 1:28:19 PM10/21/13
to Arduino Coaches
Hey hey,

we don't necessarily have to do the robot thing, but if we let them buy stuff for us we should pick one that has the highest benefit for us (as in, we can offer more stuff with it). As long as we can still do our stuff there, that'll be fine - we don't have to use all of the package ...

So, if you tell me, we can also do our existing material with it, I'd say, let them buy this.

Ben

Benjamin Kampmann

Oct 22, 2013, 9:54:42 AM10/22/13
to Arduino Coaches, Python Coaches
Thanks for volunteering everyone. I think we are covered for the Saturday workshops now, but if you are interested in joining for Friday afternoon, please let me know. We've not decided on the workshop for that yet, though...

Ben

alessandro contini

Oct 22, 2013, 1:21:41 PM10/22/13
to coaches...@opentechschool.org, Python Coaches
perfect for the one with the robot.
so in case someone with previous experience joins the workshop we can try to do something more interesting!

--

// ALESSANDRO CONTINI

// skype: alessandro_contini
// twitter: @CNTLSN